Sign in to follow this  
Steve K

Hi All

Steve K   

I have been a frequent visitor to this board however, this is my first post. So here it goes. First of all, I must say that I am proud of the fact that I was born and raised in the Cleveland area and graduated high school in 1970 (Shaker Heights) but I did graduate one year too late. Now I know there are some of you (or maybe not) that would assume that "69" was a better year. In fact is was. My older brother graduated in that year and had the pleasure of having Cyrus Erie play at their graduation. Choir was a great band but Cyrus Erie was the best. I distinctly remember when Michael McBride would take over lead singing duties to cover a variety of Rolling Stones songs. The first time I saw this (I believe it was at the Agora)I wondered who would play the drums. Eric Carmen slid behind the drum kit and rocked. After seeing Eric play the guitar and piano, I thought there was no way he could drum however he proved me wrong. I became a totally committed fan after that and followed his progress. Anyway Eric, thanks for all the great memories. Stan Arthur (a frequent poster on the Berries board) was gracious enough to send me a copy of the VH-1 Classic "Hanging With The Raspberries". Time has not dulled the excellence of these musicians but rather enhanced it. Enough for now. I hope to share more memories with you folks in the future. Thanks for listening

Julie   

A warm and hearty welcome to you, Steve K!

I'm always jealous of anyone who has had the honor and priviledge of hearing these guys play!

--Julie

marlene   

Welcome, Steve K !! It's nice to have you with us....thanks for sharing such a fun memory !! :) Marlene

darlene   

A HUNDRED WELCOMES TO YOU, STEVE K! How lucky to have been a Clevelander in "the old days!" I, too, wish I had been there.

Great post, too! It's terrific to hear how wonderful Raspberries sound now from a Clevelander from the days of yore.

Have fun--you're gonna love it here!

:) --Darlene

ira   

Welcome to a site where Cleveland is the center of the universe-and for good reason.-Welcome Steve!-Ira.

Welcome, Steve K! I'm a 1970 (great year!) high school graduate from the Cleveland area, too. To this day, I can't listen to Jumpin' Jack Flash without visualizing Mike McBride singing, or Itchycoo Park without visualizing Eric singing! Cyrus Erie was something special back then!

Steve K   

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I knew it was not a mistake to post here. To Raspberries4ever. Do you remember Cyrus Erie's cover of "Please Mr. Postman". I still cannot hear that song without thinking of that band. Again, thank you all for the welcome. I will post more memories in the future.