Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

One Year Ago…TODAY!

The highlight of the reunion for me! As well as one of the BEST shows I have ever seen!!! <sigh> I'm experiencing SERIOUS Raspberries concert withrawal!

baby

Bernie

LC   

Sigh of a different kind... I was in Cooperstown for a book signing to promote a book I had just put out, so I missed the shows, figuring, ah well, Raspberries will get to New England, without a doubt. Damn.

When's that DVD coming out?

I have thought about that several times today. What a weekend that was! Raspberries on consecutive nights in NY, too much fun! I had to jump and get up on the table for sure!

ira   

I gotta tell you the 2 "Raspberries" shows at "B.B. King's" bookending "WAB III" was alot like me celebrating Passover every year-BUT ONE YEAR- "Moses" - himself- actually came to my Passover Meal (The "Seder".) Tremendous!-Ira.

marlene   

Ah...thanks for the reminder, Bernie ! The NY concerts were "memory makers" for sure. I'm right there with you on "Raspberries withdrawl" !

Marlene

darlene   

A cool tribute to the one-year anniversary of Raspberries taking New York by storm! One Razz-fabulous weekend and two sizzlin'-smokin' shows!!! I'm all wound up just thinking about them!

Counting the Cleveland Scene Pavilion, it was THREE Razz concerts in NINE DAYS for me!!!! WOW!!! Did it really happen?! It did, and I placed my order for more.

Anything worth its salt doesn't come easily and is worth waiting for. We *all* know that!

smile --Darlene

AnneG   

SPECTACULAR shows, enthusiastic crowd, surrounded by family and friends...I can't ask for anything more....oh yes, wait, I sure can...MORE concerts!!

Anne

I was talking with Rusty and we were wondering why are we just sitting around this summer. It sure would be nice to be on the road. Let's all hope that something happens soon. "I was just starting to figure out how to tune all those guitars after a 30 year layoff."

AnniekNY   

I cannot believe that it was a year ago already.

What fun, friendship, and music!

That Sunday show was KICK A** - the BEST concert I have ever seen.

MORE WALLY! MORE DAVE! MORE ERIC! MORE JIM!

MORE OVERDUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gene   

Let's make an appointment to meet every year to hear the band in LA, NY, Chicago, and Cleveland. I'm kinda lost. I haven't shot a concert in a lonnnng time.

Muzza   

Hey Guys... a year ago Kiwi and I didn't know this board existed. Now we are jealous of you guys who got to see and hear the "berries" LIVE.

WE'll just watch you all reminisce smile

Muzza

I have been to some great shows by McCartney, Stones, Who, Slim Whitman, etc, etc. Have to say that the 7/24/05(Sunday) show was the best concert I have ever seen. Anybody else?

marlene   

I absolutely agree, Jay!!! It was the BEST concert I've EVER been to. Pure magic....(there was even this guy dancing on the table........ wink ) See you at the next concert ??? Marlene

darlene   

My "best ever" was the first time I ever saw the first batch of Berries. That said, the grand Reunion Concert in Cleveland, November 26, 2004 is right up there with it. Seeing Eric perform live with Ringo in New Brunswick has to be up there too, though, because I was just mesmerized watching him and hearing him sing for the first time in so many years that I couldn't breathe.

That said, experiencing Raspberries in New York City last summer has to be up right up there with the other three.

So the answer is, yes, the best--but I have a quartet of "best concerts." Second, was McCartney live. He was amazing, and I was so excited, but definitely second to Eric and the Berries.

And Muzza and Kiwi Marilyn, take heart. Nobody has said Raspberries has retired! You'll get there...

smile --Darlene

AnneG   

It was, without a doubt, the BEST non-classical concert I have ever been at. It is the only rock concert that has reminded me of a classical performance - due to the high level of precision.

Everyone had a wonderful time - the performers as well as the audience. It was a true gift being able to participate in those magical evenings.

Anne

Muzza   

Darlene, your positive thoughts have made my day. Marilyn and I would LOVE to catch them OR Eric LIVE. Here's hoping something will happen and fall into place.

Thanks Darlene happyhappy