Sign in to follow this  
JuliaD

EC LP Covers

JuliaD   

What is your favorite Eric LP cover pic? While the "Tonight You're Mine" cover is saturated with suggestiveness, and definitely "sexy" (can I say that in here, Bernie? lol), I think the cover from the Geffen lp is breathtaking, and I have felt that way from the first time I saw it... sometimes less is more, ya know? ;)

JuliaD   

Oh, noooooooo, I don't agree... it wouldn't be the same without the cigarette... I'm not a smoker and never was, but in the allover effect of that pic, the cigarette plays a part... besides, it's the real Eric... in most pics I've seen of him that weren't staged shots, he had a cigarette in his hand... I had an artist make a charcoal of the lp cover for me years ago (it's on my bedroom wall, lol), and she asked me "do you want me to take out the cigarette?", and I said NOOOOOO with as much emphasis as if she asked "do you want me to chop off his head?"... it's part of the pic, it *needs* to be there... just my opinion :)

Julie   

I love the pics on the Geffen album. The whole package works well. He is just too cute, cigarette and all (glad it's not a scratch 'n sniff--rofl!!)The back of the Geffen album is very good as well. My most recent favorites are the one Bernie has here at the home page with the guitar (sizzle, sizzle) and the leather jacket/wish I could get my hair to do that/straddling the director's chair pic on "The Definitive Collection". Very nice indeed! That would make a great cover shot for his single of Foreignor's "Hot Blooded" ;-) --Julie

There are some pictures of him, looks like he is playing an outdoor event, and he looks soooo cute.

You know the pictures I am talking about ? He is wearing a vest with no shirt under it. He looks like he is having so much fun, really rockin'. He looks so sweet.

I love the peach fuzzy chest ;)

Thump, thump, thump, pound, pound...

Oh, my heart is racing just thinking about it.

Uh oh, Anthony was just reading over my shoulder. Oh, now he has that one eyebrow raised. Gotta go

Gina

I like the Geffen cover too, but the look on Eric face on the Boats Against The Current album is very mesmerizing.

Sometimes I look at it for a long time. JUNE :rolleyes:

darlene   

I definitely agree with all the women who have posted on this subject: The Geffen album is THE one! "Breathtaking" is a perfect word, JuliaD.

And "mesmerizing" the perfect word for his look on Boats, June. It's definitely a look that would make any woman weak in the knees.

As for Tonight You're Mine, I love it. When I first changed my haircolor from dark brown to blonde, my boyfriend at the time used to tease me and ask if I posed for the picture on the cover! Each of the covers is perfect for its album. Eric's artistic sense is very apparent in those choices also.

I think it's funny that the guys on the board don't have any patience for our enjoyment appreciation for the pictures and tight pants, etc. Sorry, guys, can't be helped! You know how you feel looking at Jennifer Aniston or whoever... Well, we want to have fun too! And we're HAVING IT! --Darlene

JuliaD   

Ron, I'm betting that oil painting was a sight to behold! I know my charcoal drawing I have of it is quite impressive, I've never regretted paying a real artist to do it for me.

darlene   

Ron, Where was this oil painting?!!! I'll bet it was beautiful. I can see everyone going to Cleveland on vacation looking for an oil painting of the Geffen cover. WOW! Find the picture -- we'd ALL love to see it! --Darlene :)

EricH   

Are we allowed to pick a Raspberries LP cover? If so, I would have to select the cover of the first 'berries album as my favorite (IMHO). EC looks pretty cool standing in front with his hands on his hips with the rest of the band members right behind him. To me the message conveyed is "Yeah, we're a pop band, but one to be taken seriously!".

TammyK   

While they are all terrific, I like the more mature Eric on the newest album - all of the pictures. It would be a nice face to see across the room!

The pictures from the Dirty Dancing program are matted and framed and hanging in my office!

Laura   

Maybe I'm just a little weird, but personally I liked the "Change of Heart" album cover best. I don't know if I can explain it, but it just struck me as casual and relaxed, kind of like the album. I also like the "Winter Dreams/I Was Born to Love You" cover. That's the one that makes my knees weak. ;)

JuliaD   

EricH, you sure can pick a berry (no pun intended!) cover if that's what you like, only one rule to the topic, and that's to have fun with it! Just trying to see who likes what, and why, and get some other opinions... and I don't think anyone is "weird" for liking whatever they like, we're all individuals, but I have to admit, the Change of Heart cover is my *least* favorite... but thanks, everyone, for your replies, I'm thrilled that people seem to have liked the question, and it got so many responses!

:lol:

Kristina   

No doubt about it! The "Boats Against The Current" cover is the sexiest picture ever...Eric's an amazing man-and even my husband knows I think this!!!! I had to buy a second album so I would always have that large picture in great condition...the CD size is not good enough-you have to have the album cover!!!!

JuliaD   

And don't forget she's menopausal, hormonally challenged, has bunions, flabby upper arms and fat ankles, and has gained 30 pounds, lol!

(well, one can only wish...)

Billy, I can understand your liking that cover better, I suspect men would tend to like that one better. The Geffen one is silently sexual, and "speaks" to women in a subtle, yet "clubs you over the head with it in a way" tone, while with the Tonight one, it's just *right there*, screaming "come and get me", which men kinda relate to... and I mean nothing negative by any of this, it really is how I see those covers, I think one would definitely appeal to women more than men, and vice versa... tho I'd wager a guess that most of the women here woulda killed to be in her shoes. ;)

I think the best album cover is the Raspberries album "Side 3". Ha! Ha!

Seriously, I'm a guy and I love women but, I happen to think EC is a real hansome looking man and I like the cover of "Tonight Your Mine". Look at EC's clothes. Really cool for the begining of the eighty's...and the girl is pretty hot as well. :D Even the photo of EC on the back is great.

That reminds me, Bernie, do you happen to know who the girl is on the cover with EC? :mellow: