Sign in to follow this  
JCraft

Eric live CD?

JCraft   

I know of at least one live performance of Eric right after he went solo that is on tape (I am lucky enough to have a copy). With all the magic they can do with computers, why doesn't Eric have one of those turned into a CD. Production cost should be nominal compared to a full blown recording session, and he could use the internet to promote it. Todd Rundgren (am I allowed to use his name on Eric's site?) has sold an entire CD by having people download it of the internet. I'd boy Eric's just to get a cleaned up copy of Be My Baby.

JIM

darlene   

Bernie, When we listen to one of your great MP3s, we all get so excited, look what happens! It reminds me of today, when I went to the classrooms to get my first class of brand new 4th graders for the very first time. Normally very quiet, well-behaved kids were literally jumping up and down in the hall screaming "We're GETTING OUR VIOLINS TODAY....YAY!!!" I had to put a little damper on that behavior without squelching their enthusiasm!

We get so excited when we hear that there is a song out there we've never heard of before! We are just so hungry for some EC music! But...we have to be patient. You're not a "Wizard of OZ" character back there behind the computer, only there to stamp out one MP3 after another.

You have to touch base with Eric about everything on the website, I'm sure, which is understandable. No one wants a website which doesn't comply with his wishes.

Of course we've all supported our love of EC music, buying CDs, attending concerts, and some of us have spent a LOT of money (and time locating rare stuff, for which I wouldn't even know where to look!). I'm sure it took Kirk and others many years to find a lot of this stuff, and they are still looking for some of it.

We also have to remember that all of this "rare" and unreleased stuff floating around out there is unreleased because Eric didn't want it released. Even though it IS unreleased, and no money has changed hands over it, a song is EXTREMELY personal to the writer, even moreso to the singer, and I'm sure no performer is thrilled about his/her unreleased stuff going around.

I think it's enormously gracious of Eric to have okayed any of the unreleased things Bernie has given us. Eric has always been more than gracious to everyone on the occasions I've seen him or heard him interviewed.

We always have to put ourselves in his position (and Bernie's -- who is "in the middle!") and be very patient. Good things come to those who wait. If everything in life were easy to get, there would be no joy of discovery. Every musician who's had to practice something very difficult and finally got it knows that it wouldn't be nearly as interesting if everything came to us easily right off the bat.

I'm sure we'll hear "Devil...Sea" one of these days, and we'll love it... --Darlene+

JCraft   

Hmmmmmmmmmmm---I wonder if someone took my small attempt at humor and thought it was an intentional slam? No one appreciates Bernie's site more than I. Here in the south Eric's stuff is harder to find than most anywhere else in the country. This is the land of Skynard and country. When I stumbled across this site 5 or 6 years ago it was one of the coolest things in the world to me. My comment on the Mp3 page was just a humorous jab ñ nothing more. I mean at least we still have an active page, it looks like Michelle finally gave up on the Berries page.

Thanks for all you do, Bernie, and keep it up. I hope there was no offense taken.

JIM

Very nice Darlene. It made me think about the live performance of EC. I've lived without it for a long time, guess I can live without it for even more. I'll wait till EC puts out a live CD in the future. Who knows, look what a live LP did for Peter Frampton.

darlene   

JCraft, I just noticed you have my very favorite quotation of the entire English language as a footnote: "Dreams are forever and some things you never forget." How did you get it on there????

I want it too!

Bernie, I know you weren't really mocking "Freebird." You wouldn't, would you? I've always loved it...Now when I hear it I cry, because I think of all those bandmembers who were lost.

Your comment WAS funny, though. You're so clever. Aren't we glad we've all "Got Bernie?"

smile --Darlene+