Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Sad News

Eric, I am truly very sorry for your loss of aunt Muriel who meant so very much to you and was so instrumrntal in your love of music,. Our thoughts are with you at this painful time. Lisa

dianed   

Eric,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. May you find comfort in your memories and never forget what a solid foundation she was to you. You and your family are in my prayers. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Diane

LC   

Eric,

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt Muriel; she obviously had a big impact on you. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Best,

Larry

Thanks, guys

She was my one of my favorite people on earth. She didn't have a mean bone in her body, and she wore her heart on her sleeve. For every occasion, she would find the most unusual and perfect card and then write a couple of paragraphs of exactly how she felt in her heart. She was a one in a million kind of gal, and often the only person I could find to discuss "deep" and "profound" subjects with.

I can't believe she's gone. Death is such a weird experience. Last week, she was sitting in a chair, reading a book, and looking forward to going home. Now she's just "gone".

It really is so strange.

• Like 1

I spent this evening compiling the music to be played at her funeral. I listened to all the stuff the Cleveland Orchestra recorded with George Szell. It was so beautiful, it just broke my heart.

But for her, there would probably be no "me."

Eric ....my deepest condolences at the loss of your wonderful Aunt...as you say above..."there would be no me" and we are truly blessed with your talent and gifts that your Aunt nurtured in you to share with all of us. Peace.

teragram   

It's sad when anyone dies, and I'd have the same sympathy with anyone else on the board who lost a loved one. But thankfully the lady had a good innings, and as they say here in Ireland "Shit happens".

Jerry   

Death is such a weird experience. Last week, she was sitting in a chair, reading a book, and looking forward to going home. Now she's just "gone" It really is so strange.

Amen. One of my dad's nurses commented on a Saturday night that his vital signs were 'much improved'. I left the hospital that night thinking I would spend most of the next day with him. Got the call Sunday morning.

On my way to the nurses station, I kind of instinctively popped my head in his room, and was shocked to see that Dad was still in his bed. I guess I expected him to be moved as soon as he died. No one from the hospital staff nor any other family members were around, and it was surreal to be alone in the room with his corpse.

The death certificate said he passed maybe an hour before I arrived, but I have to suspect it was a longer period of time. I won't go into the grim details, but the night before he was all pink and healthy-ish looking, and what I was seeing in the bed before me was very hard to wrap my mind around. I'm truly grateful that my brother and sister were spared seeing him like that.

So yes Eric, death is a strange and weird experience. I hope you are finding comfort in your loving memories of your aunt. My condolences to your family on your loss.

MAM   

So sorry to hear of your loss Eric. I too, was greatly inspired to become a musician because of my aunt, so I do know how you're feeling. Take care.