Sign in to follow this  
JoAnne

Is This How You Keep Track Of All Of Us?

JoAnne   

Hey! I love this new website, but is this how you keep track of who logs on and who logs off? Be careful, Big Brother's watching! I'm sorry to assume this, but this is what it looks like to me.

darlene   

JoAnne, I think it's just the automated nature of the computer that it tallies numbers of posts and times. No one is really keeping track of anything that I can tell. (With all these topics and subtopics and links, WHO HAS TIME?!) I know on some of the topics I started, no one has even replied after the first couple of replies, and it hasn't been removed from the board. You know computers, that's just the nature of the beast...It's not like the cookies on the other websites you visit -- where marketers keep track of what you are interested in to telemarket you. No one is telemarketing here -- just sharing "Eric joy." --Darlene

Like Darlene said -- for more "peace of mind" it just so happens that I'm the only one who moderates these Message Boards since the web site is created and maintained entirely by me. I can assure you that absolutely no info is generated about anyone who comes here except for that little thingy that states who's here at any given moment. I can actually turn that feature off on the Board but I kinda dig seeing who's here when I am. I also get a kick out of the large number of people who read but never log in! --Bernie

PS: The only thing we keep track of around here is who loves Eric and on that list you can proudly count me IN. If you'd rather remain anonymous, just click on the LOG OUT button next to your name. I set up the Message Board so you can post whether you're logged in or not.

JuliaD   

Joanne, there is hardly a site on the net whose webmaster doesn't have a record of who went there, and when, it's commonplace...some places are a bit more sneaky about it, even going to the extreme of having invisible counters that track visitors. Bernie's having a counter and site stats is a very useful tool for him as a webmaster, and could even be used to protect you in some cases. Relax and have fun here, I've known Bernie about 4 years now, and you have no reason to be alarmed about anything, you are probably more safe here than you are in a lot of places online

darlene   

Right, JuliaD-- I'm sure Eric has had his experiences with crazy people and stalker types, or just out-of-control "fans," and he would never associate with anyone who is not totally stable and upright -- much less let anyone moderate and maintain a website for him. The fact that he not only chose Bernie to do this, but also associates with him as a friend and shares personal info with him certainly shows that nothing not-nice is going to happen with THIS site. You're probably safer here than ANY place online -- or anywhere else! So, relax and have a great day! --Darlene

JuliaD   

Marvin, if you read my thread here titled "techie question", you will be guided by the expert (Bernie) on how to post a pic, it's really very easy :lol: