I sure had fun Saturday night hangin' out with Bernie and Kathy! We had dinner, drove to the Beachland Ballroom (my first time there, by the way) and listened to the Choir play songs that I heard the first time I heard them, probably 1966 or 67. On the way home, Bernie asked me what I saw in them, all those years ago that made me want to join their band. I've been thinking about it for a couple of days now and I think I've got the answer. I've always been a very visual kind of guy. Not in the sense of seeing with my eyes (which aren't that great) but in the sense of seeing things in my mind's eye. When I looked at the stage that night in 1967, I saw me standing in between Wally and Dave and I felt a little surge of energy that told me that could be a really exciting band. I didn't know them at the time and I had no way of meeting them, but I filed thatl image away somewhere. I went back to Lyndurst that night thinking about what I had just seen and heard. I saw the POSSIBILITIES. That's what it was. I could see me in their band and I could see us MAKING IT. There were other bands in town, even some pretty cool one ( a group called Kicks Inc. comes to mind) but I never really visually could see me in them. The Choir was different. I "KNEW" that could work. I'm a big believer in the power of positive thinking. And visualization. I think one of the reasons Cyrus Erie was such a great cover band (and we were) was because when we played a a song by the Who, I didn't try to sing like Roger Daltrey, I WAS Roger Daltrey. And Wally WAS Pete Townshend. and when we played the Abbey Road medley that starts with Golden Slumbers, I saw Paul in my mind and, in that moment, I WAS Paul. It took a couple of years and a few twists of fate, but eventually I was standing up there between Wally and Dave. And it did work. And (at least for a little while) we DID make it. We fell a little short of my dream of becoming the next Beatles and being a force for good in universe, but in our own little way, we did make a difference. So Bernie, there's your answer, and for everyone else, this is officially my first post. How'd I do? Eric