Sign in to follow this  
TOMMY TUNES

Best Album 0f 2002

My favorite CD so far of 2002 is Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot". Jeff Tweedy is the best singer/songwriter besides Eric Carmen. Also worth checking out is "Being There" from 1996 & "Summer Teeth" from 1999. Highly recommended!!! All three CD's **** stars out of *****. Matt

I did some real searching and could not find my favorite CD of 2002. The last CD I bought was Elton John -- Songs from the west coast. It came out in October of 2001 (does that count?).

I love music from the 70's and 80's. I could live with songs from the 90's but, alot of the new so called music does not impress me much. shocked

Gemini   

The jury is out on that right now for me. I haven't bought anything lately (lack of cash) But I am not into the music right now. Foolin myself has a newer CD than I do. I Think my newest one is Tarzan with Phil Collins on it. Hey I like the drums. So I guess that is my newest one.

Take care

Gemini

My favourite cd in years (probably since Aimee Mann's I'm With Stupid) is Joey Molland's This Way Up. Although available over the internet in late '91, it wasn't released to record stores until today so I guess it can count as a 1992 release.

JuliaD   

Last cd I bought was just a single of Marc Anthony's "You Sang To Me". I've gotta agree with a lot of paople here, the "music" of the last 5 or so years hasn't impressed me a heck of a lot. frown

marvin   

Matthew "The Rising" is a fine album indeed, very emotional and moving with its September 11th imagery. Is it Bruce's best? In my opinion, it's tough to top "Darkness on the Edge of Town" and "Born to Run."

Marvin

marvin   

Best album of 2002? Not sure about that, but here's a list (in no particular order) of my favourite albums from the last few years:

1. Bruce Springsteen - "The Rising"

2. Bruce Springsteen - "Asbury Park Nights" (bootleg)

3. Mary Chapin-Carpenter - "Time, Sex, Love"

4. Sheryl Crow - "C'mon, C'mon"

5. Don Henley - "Inside Job"

6. Jools Holland - "Big Band Rhythm & Blues"

7. Raul Malo - "Today"

8. Paul McCartney - "Driving Rain"

9. Nelson - "Brother Harmony"

10. The Pearlfishers - "Young Picknickers"

11. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - "Echo"

12. Venice - "Spin Art"

13. Brian Wilson - "Live At the Roxy"

14. Peter Wolf - "Fools Parade"

Regards,

Marvin

Billy   

My favorite CD for this year thus far is "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron". If you seen the movie and liked it, you will love the CD.

Marvin or anybody: Have you read Rolling Stone Magazine with Bruce Springsteen on the cover? If so, read MTV anchor Kurt Loder's article on the latest CD "The Rising". Marvin, Bryan Adams "Reckless" from 1984 is my favorite CD of his as well as "18 Til' I Die" from 1996 which has the ballad "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman". Matt

My vote (OK, votes since I can't choose just one) goes to:

Carly Hennesey - "Ultimate High" (A breathless pop collection that sadly went unnoticed in the US.)

Butch Walker - "Left Of Self Centered" (This album is the perfect combination of hard rocking guitars, great harmonies, catchy melodies and great songwriting. All of this being said, it will probably bomb in the US as well. A shame)

1998 All The Pain Money Can Buy - FASTBALL

1998 Winter Dreams - ERIC CARMEN

1998 Feeling Strangly Fine - SEMISONIC

1999 Breakdown - MELISSA ETHERIDGE

1999 Tal Bachman - TAL BACHMAN

2000 White Ladder - DAVID GRAY

2000 Zoom - ELO

2001 Songs From The West Coast - ELTON JOHN

2001 Arrival - JOURNEY

2002 C'mon C'mon - SHERYL CROW

SHERYL is my fave so far this year. I just purchased SPRINGSTEEN and after one listen, I must say I liked it.

ELO & JOURNEY were definate surprises. Didn't expect that strong of a comeback from them. I'm a pretty big fan of ELTON and he finally released his best album in a long long time. DAVID GRAY isn't for everybody; sort of modern folk. His song "Babylon" gets my vote for song of that year. FASTBALL might be my favorite of this lot. Really 70's music influenced.(and the Beatles) 1999 offered the two weakest of the list. WINTER DREAMS is probably my least favorite of ERIC'S alnums, but I still like it alot. I'm gonna put some thought into it and post my top songs of the years through the 90's.

marvin   

Matthew, I've got the RS issue with Bruce on the cover. Kurt Loder is not the most un-biased critic around when it comes to reviewing Springsteen. He's been a fan for a long time so it was no surprise to me that he gave "The Rising" such high marks. I've been a Springsteen fan for close to 25 years, have seen him live multiple times. I am pleased that the new album is being well-received especially since it contains music that touches a very sensitive nerve. Still when you're talking about Springsteen, you're talking about his live shows and NO ONE touches Bruce and the E Street Band for emotion, energy and giving the audience 100% each and every night.

Marvin