Sign in to follow this  
darlene

Eric In Crossword Clue

darlene   

Today's Crossword Puzzle in the Sunday papers (TV section of the Home News Tribune and the Newark Star Ledger) featured Eric in a crossword clue:

48 across asked "Clapton or Carmen" and of course the answer was "Eric." They put Mr. Clapton in good company, didn't they?

smile --Darlene

Guest Fresh   
Guest Fresh

They put "our Eric" second because they didn't want to give the answer away too quickly!!!

darlene   

I love to do crosswords when I can find the time. My husband does them a lot. No, you're not a nerd. Crosswords keep your mind really active. Practicing the violin and performing does that for me too, but it doesn't build vocabulary.

It was really terrific to see Eric's name in the crossword clue!

smile --Darlene

I do the crossword out of our Daily paper every day. It's my "Morning Tea Switch Off". Sometimes I end up doing the whole thing in about 5 minutes, other times I don't even come close to finishing it!

We tried doing some from the newspapers when we were in America. The main thing that kept tripping us up was the different ways you spell words to us!!!!!

But there again us Kiwis do love a challenge!!!

Muzza   

Chris, I reckon that if I got a dollar for every person I saw doing crosswords in Hospital I'll be able to retire by the end of the year!!!

Muzza cool