Sign in to follow this  
Lew Bundles

Anybody have the book “Mr. Cleveland”?

ERIC CARMEN AND THE RASPBERRIES

The very next jingle I wrote and produced for Dave Walters and Griswold was one for one of their largest clients, Bryant Air Conditioning. After writing the jingle, I told Dave I was friendly with Eric Carmen of the Raspberries. At the time they had catapulted onto the national scene with "Go All The Way" and "I Wanna Be With You." I asked if it would be okay to get the band for the jingle and record it here in Cleveland. I told Dave that I truly believed the Raspberries would one day have legendary status. If they agreed to do the jingle, it would serve a dual purpose: It would make for a great local story due to the Raspberries being local fan favorites, and because of that that, Bryant would receive added free publicity.

When I spoke to Eric Carmen, he thought it would be fun for the group. I then called Dave Walters and told him I had a commitment from Eric and the Raspberries. Dave agreed, and this time we recorded the jingle right here in Cleveland. The original group was Eric Carmen, Wally Bryson, Dave Smalley, and Jim Bonfanti. We al had fun recording the jingle and they did not charge me more than if I had used local talent.

This Is Larry Morrow: My Life On and Off the Air; Stories from Four Decades in Cleveland Radio
By Larry Morrow
December 1, 2010

Well, this is really interesting information, Lew! I'm digging into it right now and will report back if the jingle can be located!

Nice detective work!

Bernie

• Thanks 1