Sign in to follow this  
Lew Bundles

Great Quotes of 2005

Here is an article of “Great Quotes of 2005” and Jim made the cut...

The Quotable 2005

Gail’s Top 19 Rock Quotes of a Very Weird Year

By Gail "You May Quote Me" Worley

One of the unique and fascinating aspects of my writing career in 2005 is the astounding fact that, for the first time in over a decade, every interview I did was conducted over the phone. For someone who hates talking on the phone as much as I do (I don’t even own a cell phone!) that’s pretty fucking phenomenal. I almost can’t believe I didn’t do one single in-person interview, but that just goes to show you how good I’ve become at strategizing ways to never leave my house! When I first started to sort through the year in interviews, I thought I’d have to call this article “The Top 19 Drummer Quotes of 2005” because, man, there are a ton of drummers in here. But I managed to find a few singer/songwriters, guitarists and producers to balance everything out a bit. At the very least, you’ll get a few laughs and some drumming tips out of these tasty sound bites pulled from some of my more memorable interviews of 2005!

jimBonfanti.jpeg
Jim Bonfanti

“I went to see Kiss about three years ago in Detroit. It was one of their farewell tours, and I’d never seen them so I was really excited. I was back stage when they came out of their dressing room, just standing there — and they’re so amazing, they’re like nine feet tall — and Paul Stanley looks over at me. One of the first things he said was, ‘Hey Gene, look it’s Jim Bonfanti!’ He comes over and I shake his hand and I say to him, ‘It’s a pleasure to meet you.’ Then he says, ‘No, it’s a pleasure to meet you.’ And I almost dropped dead. I was like, ‘Wow!’ That’s just amazing that he said that, because he’s far bigger than our band ever got. But, really, it’s all about the music, and our music has lived on.”

• Like 1