Sign in to follow this  
Lew Bundles

Our Boy Seems to Have a Lot of Detractors

Jerry
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 02:45 pm:

The Raspberries - Powerpop Vol. 1 - They're a strange bunch this lot, despite some terrible moments of Mcartney-esque balladry blandness. Shortly after they're riffing on The Who/Kinks/Byrds/Led Zep lite moments & the vocals are uncannily similar to Billy Mackenzie. 

— — —

Abpositive
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 07:29 pm:   

Jerry, although I'd say the Raspberries had a couple of good slow ones ("Let's Pretend" and "Overnight Sensation" come to mind) in general I'd most definitely agree with you...I still remember when Eric Carmen's "All by Myself" was huge and how when it'd come on the radio I'd quickly and almost vehemently change the station...Eric, you're all alone for VERY GOOD REASON. 

— — —

Abpositive
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 08:31 pm:   

To elaborate, because now I'm all fired up on the subject: when Carmen goes into self-pity mode he sings like his entire nasal cavity is filled with snot from crying so much, but he's such a romantic masochist/fetishist he'll be damned if he's going to blow his nose...

— — —

Manosludge
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 01:16 am:   

Raspberries - Live on Sunset Strip. They're back in all their permed, bouffanted glory. Neither Eric Carmen's voice nor his perm has lost a step in the many years since their last record...

• Confused 1

".....despite some terrible moments of Mcartney-esque balladry blandness."

I really don't need to read any more after that statement. Do I care what someone thinks after making a comment like that? No!

• Thanks 1