LC

No Hard Feelings vs I Don't Know What I Want

LC   

Remember that fun thread where we pitted Raspberries songs vs. Raspberries songs? And EC songs vs. EC songs? Here's another pairing—this time a 'berries rocker vs. a solo rocker: "No Hard Feelings" vs. "I Don't Know What I Want"

Considering how I remember relating to "I Don't Know What I Want" when I was in college, and the fact that Wally wails away on guitar like no one else can, and the fact that it gives us more cowbell, "IDKWIW" should be an easy choice. Plus, it's Eric's "love letter to the Who."

And yet... "No Hard Feelings" is no slouch, as we discussed in the earlier thread (where it seemed to easily beat "Take It Or Leave It"). It's pure frustration—primal screaming in a song. What great lines, too: "Company man got his nose glued to the charts/Says the record's doing fine but now the group is falling apart."

So I have to call this a dead-even draw. Wimpy answer, I know, but let's see how you fare. Listen to 'em back-to-back. Loud. It's 10 full minutes of pure rock'n'roll heaven.

Kirk   

Like them both- a lot- but “I Don’t Know What I Want” is just superbly crafted. My choice. 

James   

The 2 minute or so climax of "No Hard Feelings" takes it over the top in this contest. For me it´s the most intense and energized 2 minutes of rock & roll out there.

Nice thread LC, should be fun.

Jams

Kirk   
49 minutes ago, James said:

Didn´t "Party´s Over" have cowbell?

Oops- forgot about that! My bad!!

• Like 1

LC   

Bernie, I take it you netted out where I did... a toss-up. (Don't they sound great back-to-back?)