Lew Bundles

Great 7 page Message board about Berries

7 pages of a message board that is chock full of opinions and rare facts and pics about Berries(rare to me anyway)...Make sure you go to page 6 which gives opinions, reasons and eye witness accounts about why the Raspberries were thrown off the Hollies tour...

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-raspberries-vintage-live-go-all-the-way-i-wanna-be-with-you-lets-pretend.1622420/

Interesting, but not sure where all of those quotes come from. Some sound made up. I've never heard Jim sound so sour, nor have I ever heard anyone call Dave, "Smalls."

Bernie

Kirk   

I was thinking the same thing, Bernie. Perhaps you could run a few of those quotes by Jim and see what he says. I'm betting he'll say they never happened...

We had this Russ Meyer 'limiter' that was really violent. We use to call it
'Oscar Meyer'. We had tried it on a few pieces and sections in other songs,
but with so-so success.

Well, I had Wally Bryson lay down some distorted riffs. It was a raunchy
'16-Bar' intro that sounded like an opening to one of the British Hard Rock
bands songs. It was really hard and edgy.

I ran it through the 'limiter', and it pulsed exactly at the right time.

Hmm...sounds like someone trying to say that Wally made up the intro right there and then.

That board if full of crap. When the Beatles said they were going straight to the top no one criticized  that

Many inaccuracies said too

it is a broad board with man different types of subject matter.

Remember...…….to many ppl the Raspberries were a one hit wonder with GATW.

we know this is not true but many thought they were like REDBONE nd Come and get your Love on wNBC New York

James   

I grew up in Columbus, Ohio. I was a radio listening kid, but never heard GATW on the radio in its day. I did hear it once in 1977. The radio stations probably
banned it for its lyrics. We did, however, get to hear IWBWY played a bunch on the radio. That was the only Raspberries song to get radio play in Columbus, and thus was the only song I knew when I bought my first Raspberries album (Best of, featuring Eric Carmen).

James