Vinnie B Trask

Cover band does Rasberries Justice

James   

Pretty strong!.....I like the keyboards though they´re not very pronounced. Would love to hear a version with piano/keyboards strong in the sound mix.

James

susie b   

Nope, don't like it.

IMHO, this cover has a choppiness to it that I find distracting, and the singer is muscling his way through the song.

When EC sings GATW, he is a master of presenting subtle emotional subcontext with the inflection of his voice.  EC's voice simultaneously oozes intelligence, emotion, vulnerability and masculine sex appeal.

Most cover singers (like this fella) are just mimics, and fail to present the genuine emotion of the song.

21 hours ago, susie b said:

Nope, don't like it.

IMHO, this cover has a choppiness to it that I find distracting, and the singer is muscling his way through the song.

When EC sings GATW, he is a master of presenting subtle emotional subcontext with the inflection of his voice.  EC's voice simultaneously oozes intelligence, emotion, vulnerability and masculine sex appeal.

Most cover singers (like this fella) are just mimics, and fail to present the genuine emotion of the song.

There s no comparison. Most cover bands wouldn't attempt it. I just thought he held his own