Vinnie B Trask

Go All The way Live

Does anyone know whether Eric has ever performed "Go All The Way" live as a solo artist without the Raspberries or for that matter any raspberrie tunes as a solo artist?  I do not think so and was never able to find anything on it.

Kirk   

Eric has always done songs he wrote as a member of Raspberries during his solo career. Check out his Roxy shows or Bottom Line shows or the Japan shows for starters. You have a lot of catching up to do!

• Like 1

James   

I recall seeing video of him solo, or maybe just audio, playing "Starting Over" and "Overnight Sensation". I saw him in Dallas in 1977 touring Boats, and don't recall him playing any Raspberries, though it's possible my memory is faulty.

Kirk   

At one of his Roxy shows I attended , Eric opened the show at the piano playing "Everything"...while the last note of that song was still resonating, Eric launched into the introduction of "Overnight Sensation"- talk about goosebumps city!  I reminded Eric of that show years later, and he commented on it- I'll have to see if I can find his comment.

• Like 2

The Eric Carmen Band played "Go All The Way" at just about every show they played in 1975-1976. Eric also performed it at his "An Evening with Eric Carmen" at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland in 2000. As well as on every show he played with Ringo's All-Starr Band that same year.

Here's a prime example. Enjoy!

ERIC CARMEN - THE BOTTOM LINE 4/3/76 - GO ALL THE WAY

Bernie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

LC   

He also had "Go All the Way" in his (short) set list during the Dirty Dancing tour. (Of course, the song always sounds better with Wally wailing away on guitar.)

• Like 1

James   

I read on Wiki, I think it was Wiki, a couple days ago where Max Weinberg was so inspired when he heard Michael McBride play on the "Starting Over" album, that Max
used McBride´s style as a huge influence on how he played drums on "Darkness at the edge of Town". I´m not a musician, but I like how MM beats those drums also!

James

James, the story goes that Michael pounded his drums so furiously that the band's roadies used to NAIL his bass drum to the stage before every performance. No lie.

Bernie

• Like 1

Eric had good taste in drummers to fit his style of music. It is the same as mine

Buddy Rich once said that Ringo was a technically poor drummer. When Ringo heard the quote he said" Well at least I don't sound like rats scattering around on a tin roof!"