Sign in to follow this  
John Shaft

Three Cheers For Santa Bernie!!!

One of the many, many things I look forward to every Christmas Eve/Christmas Day is the goodies Mister S. Bernie, his bad-a$$ self, leaves for all of his fellow EC devotees and this year is certainly no exception!!

"Feels Like Forever" rules. Period. I never heard this gem until yesterday and it was a highlight of my day.

Raising a bottle of Great Lakes Christmas Ale in your honour, good sir!

Cheers!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it has become a Christmas tradition for me. One of the first things I do when I wake up Christmas morning is to log on and see what Santa Bernie has left under the tree. Thanks S.B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Feels Like Forever" is the tune talked about in a thread this month. Most of you hadn't heard it, so I thought it was worthy of inclusion under the tree. It was the one written by Bryan Adams and Diane Warren.

Bernie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LC,

"Feels Like Forever" was from the sessions Clive insisted Eric do as a follow-up to the smash success of "Hungry Eyes." Because "Hungry Eyes" was written by Franke Previte, Clive had Eric only sing songs written by other songwriters. Those sessions produced the single, "My Heart Stops," also written by Diane Warren. The other songs from those sessions were ever released.

Weird thing is, Eric's "Make Me Lose Control"—which he did write—was an even bigger hit than "Hungry Eyes." So, why the lack of confidence, Clive?

You can tell Eric's not giving it his all on "Feels Like Forever," and I think you can really hear that his heart wasn't in it.

Bernie

• Like 1

Ugh.  For the first time in 20 years I forgot to check out EC.com on Christmas Day. Bernie...how about a repeat posting for the last day of Hanukkah"? (asked the Irish Catholic EC fan)!

Dave