Sign in to follow this  
Lew Bundles

Raspberries...Where’s Eric?

Does anybody have this bootleg lp?...I had it once either lp or cassette, busted it somehow and never ran across it again...From what I  remember, I think it was a “live” concert featuring a combination of Raspberries in their 2 Configurations...No Eric though...McCarl was the lead singer and sound quality was not too good...

Kirk   

I've heard some songs from this concert.  I'm pretty sure Bernie was there.  While it was great to have some of the 'berries get together, I seem to remember Scott struggling a bit to hit the high notes in Eric's songs.  Not really surprising, I remember Eric struggling to hit those notes at times, also!    

• Thanks 1

Good job digging Kirk...I guess that all you kids that were members here at that time, knew about this gig...I think I joined this board a little later and never knew anything about this other than stumbling across the lp once...Now, I have  3 missions!!!...Get another copy of the recording, find a copy of the video, and take lessons in “chick magnetization” from James...

• Like 1

I think this is the show I was at. They were calling themselves  the Elderberries?? I think. Wally and his son also played some Sittin Ducks stuff if my memory serves me correctly. I think I mat have a VHS of this.

• Thanks 1

Kirk   
12 hours ago, LC said:

Is there something missing from this thread? I don't think the title matches the posts.

LC, Lew was asking about the 'almost' Raspberries reunion in '98 that included Wally, Dave, Jim, and Scott at the Odeon; he's looking for a copy of this concert.

Yes, I was there. And just before the show, Ken Sharp and I were at Eric's trying to convince him to come with us and maybe jam on a tune or two. Ultimately, Eric decided not to steal any of the spotlight from Scott that night. But image what could have been?!?

There is definitely a VHS tape of that show titled "'Berries Off The Vine."

Bernie

• Like 2

Kirk   
5 hours ago, Raspbernie said:

Yes, I was there. And just before the show, Ken Sharp and I were at Eric's trying to convince him to come with us and maybe jam on a tune or two. Ultimately, Eric decided not to steal any of the spotlight from Scott that night. But image what could have been?!?

There is definitely a VHS tape of that show titled "'Berries Off The Vine."

Bernie

Patrick Beckers was with you guys at Eric's house, right?  Maybe even someone else (Ron Sutton?).  Pretty sure about Patrick, though...