James

Studio vs. Live versions..

James   

This is one of those songs that for me is totally different live versus the studio version. The studio version bores me, the live version is one of my favorites
of all time. Her band was superb, as was she as a singer and front person.

This song rocks so hard. Van Halen etc. can kiss Linda Ronstadt´s ass: (music starts at 1:10)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

James   

I could see Fleetwood Mac (with Lindsey Buckingham) nailing this song. Stevie would kill this on vocals,  especially a 1976 Stevie, Lindsey (any version of Lindsey) leading the jam. Mick Fleetwood going nuts on drums, Mc Vie undergirding it all with his bass. Wow.

Kirk   

Wow!  This is the Linda Ronstadt I remember.  When I saw her at the Universal Amphitheater in the early 70's, Andrew Gold and his band opened the show- then Linda comes out for her set and Andrew Gold and his band are now Linda's band- what a show!

• Like 2

susie b   

Love Linda's version!!!  So powerful!

Ira introduced me to Betty Everett's 1964 version.  This cover has an early Diana Ross vibe to it.

You all remember Miss Everett's "Shoop Shoop Song".

• Thanks 1

susie b   

As an aside, Andrew Gold did some guitar work on EC's  Boats album, including She Did It.

Andrew and his prolific career deserve a thread unto themselves. 

His mom was Marni Nixon, the movie singing voice of both Natalie Wood in West Side Story and Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady.

His dad was composer Ernest Gold who wrote the score to Exodus.

• Thanks 1