Raspbernie

Ringo’s 30th All-Star Anniversary Tour

A few observations...

With his introduction ,Ringo seemed to realize that it’s a special accomplishment to lure Eric out of retirement ...

Around the 3:00 minute mark, a special “Cleveland camaraderie” moment as Joe Walsh goes over to shake Eric’s hand...

A special exchange between Ringo and Eric around 3:50, although it seemed like Eric thought Ringo was gonna come over and hug him...

Eric really looks out of place, bored and/or awkward without playing an instrument...

It seemed as though a lot of these guys were meeting each other for the first time and that some of them, who knew each other previously, did not even see each other backstage and were  actually saying “hello” on the stage...

Eric doesn't really seem to be a part of this community...Kind of forced his way into a few hugs and nods of friendship/acknowledgment...

interested to hear everybody’s take on this, especially Eric’s...

Bernie, Do you think this is a “one off” thing with Carmen or will this rejuvenate any desire in him to performing again?...Obviously, you are in contact with Eric and he “tipped” you off to this appearance....In your book, is he “officially” retired?...

P.S....I just read Eric and Mrs. Carmen’s twitter posts and it seemed they did have a pre-performance party...I guess they said their “hello’s” earlier...

Kirk   

That was pretty special...Lew, consider that Eric is ALWAYS front and center or at least front of stage when he performs- he probably was a little lost in the back row, especially with so many of the other players on the front line.  A special honor to be there, for sure.  I'll be interested to hear Bernie's take on the show, also.      

Pam   
3 hours ago, Raspbernie said:

3:50.

:cool:

Bernie

Great clip- thank you !! So nice to see Eric on stage, even if a one time thing- ❤️

Nancy   

Great observation Lew and it's pretty obvious that something was up with that that evening, however Eric is in his realm being on stage. He's just not in the for front. Perhaps they were all just kind of winging it, so to speak that evening and Eric wasn't too sure what to expect. That does happen. And yes, we'd love to hear your take on it Bernie. P.S.....Thanks for the great picture also posted on Raspberries site. Betcha have more and we'd love to see them. :)

Nancy.

• Thanks 1

Kirk   
27 minutes ago, Raspbernie said:

No such luck! I had to watch the video like everyone else.

Bernie

Who shot the video?  There was obvious emphasis on Eric- Was it Al?  Amy?   

Some Dude. At the end of the video you can see him trying to get his wife into the action.

I think the reason Eric is so prominently featured is that he happened to be on Ringo's side of the stage. For all of the talk about him being in the back, it sure seemed like a better spot than being in that gaggle of former All-Starrs singing on the right-hand side of the stage. I'm still not sure who half of them were.

Bernie

susie b   

Wow!

Ringo sure looks good!!!

You can tell who is the vegetarian and goes to the gym! 

Ringo is pushing 80 and is close to ten years older than most of the musicians on stage.  Look at his energy and vitality!  

Seems to have a great outlook on life!

Cheers, Ringo!

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

James   

Yeah Susie, it´s what I noticed also....that he´s older than those guys but looks and energizes like he´s 30. 

Probably at least partly it´s because he´s out there making things happen, using his talent and doing what he loves, what he was put on Earth to do.

P.S. he´s still doing a mean jumping jack!!

James

• Like 1

Kirk   
1 hour ago, James said:

Yeah Susie, it´s what I noticed also....that he´s older than those guys but looks and energizes like he´s 30. 

Probably at least partly it´s because he´s out there making things happen, using his talent and doing what he loves, what he was put on Earth to do.

P.S. he´s still doing a mean jumping jack!!

James

Sounds just like your mantra, James!  

I think life goes best for those who work hard to make things happen...
life goes best for those who believe in things,
believe in a dream and take persistant action to make those things/dreams come true.

• Haha 1

It was great to see Eric, especially in this setting. I micro-analyzed the video when I first saw it, then later concluded that everything about it was just cool. 

• Thanks 1