James

Another notch...

James   

Our culture, in 2019, is devoid of grace, forgiveness, empathy and the understanding that humans are very fallible beings.

In the end, we are lacking the love we once had.

James

Philadelphia_Daily_News_Tue__Sep_15__1970_.jpg

I looked the incident up on Newspapers.com and found a bunch of articles from 1970, when he was sentenced. Seems like it was much more than just answering the door naked. Having two daughters myself, I think he deserved a lot more than the 3 months he got in the slammer.

Bernie

• Like 1

James   

I did the same, and you are correct, of course. But my sense is that many many artists (maybe a majority) from the 60s and 70s are in the same boat.  Groupies (often under 18) swarmed them during post concert parties,  during drug/alcohol infested situations...the culture allowed that stuff to go on to a high degree, so many many artists indulged with under age females. Some wrote about it in songs, not penitently. I think it was a rampant thing. No excuse for what he did (though there was no intercourse) ....but some perspective is helpful. 

Main point: It´s been 50 years, the guy from what I´ve read has confronted what he did honestly, and has been a doer of good since then. 

But the mob has no grace, empathy, understanding of human frailness nor will it ever cheer the redemption of a human being.

James