Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Something Is On the Horizon in Cleveland... No, Not Another Earthquake

susie b   

Bill March of the Cleveland based band Beau Coup has posted what looks to be a band photo featuring Wally.

Will see what's brewing...

• Like 2

JumpMan   

Here is what's up-

Wally is playing with Chris Wintrip of Brimstone @ The Music Box Supper Club in Cleveland, Ohio, Friday 9/6 @ 8:00pm. Tix $35 Premium, $25 Reserved and $15 standing.

Chris' Bio: Professional guitarist, vocalist, recording artist, and producer. Chris Wintrip has enjoyed a successful music career performing with Joe Walsh, Frampton’s Camel, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Roger McGuinn, Harry Chapin, Billy Sheehan, The New York Dolls, The Raspberries, Phil Keaggy and Glass Harp, including a special honor in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 1997 exhibit “My Town” with his prog band Brimstone and their LP, Paper Winged Dreams.)

And...

On Friday 9/20 @ 8:00pm also at The Music Box Supper Club, The Choir will be Performing their 1969 lost album 'Artifact'. Same tix prices as above.

The circa 1969 version of The Choir (BFW. Before Wally) who recorded this album and who will be performing this show includes:
Jim Bonfanti: drums, vocals; Ken Margolis: piano, vocals; Phil Giallombardo: organ, vocals; Denny Carleton, bass, vocals and Randy Klawon: guitar, vocals

• Like 1

LC   

Hey, good stuff! Great to see Wally wielding that axe again... and it's so cool that the Choir is playing an album they recorded 50 (!) years ago! Is the Choir playing anything beyond Artifact, or just the album proper? 

Thanks for checking in! 

LC   

PS: Here's the Omnivore announcement of its release of the CD: 

https://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/the-choir-artifact-the-unreleased-album/

And if you don't know the record, sample each song at Amazon and you'll get a nice taste of that great late-'60s sound (and its palpable British Invasion influence): 

https://www.amazon.com/Artifact-Unreleased-Album-Choir/dp/B077ZK3XLV

Who knows the story behind the song "For Eric"? 

JumpMan   

LC-

I don't know if the Choir will be playing anything other than the songs on the Artifact album. I would expect that they would though.. I will look into that.

I believe that in the WB/CW concert that Bill March will also be in the band. I am not sure who else at this time.

It has been a long time since I have posted (due to being crazy busy @ work) and now I am back at square one with one post due to email changes.

Is anyone on this site planning on attending either concert?

• Like 1

LC   

Seven or eight years ago, you'd probably have seen a show of a dozen or more hands go up pretty quickly! EC.com needs all those great old friends to come back and post....

• Thanks 1