Lew Bundles

Gilbert o’Sullivan

Gilbert O ‘Sullivan will be performing at City Winery NYC on July 9, 2019...It will be his only U.S. appearance and hasn’t performed in America in at least 35 years, I think...

• Like 2

James   

For me "Alone Again Naturally" is one of those songs that is so good it´s more than just music. I also have always owned his Greatest Hits which are good, he´s written a lot of good songs, many covered by others.  In the past year I stocked up on about 400 new cds and 600 dvds (documentaries, old movies, shows, cartoons, concerts etc.....buying them all as I don´t watch tv, need to have something good to watch, and am also preparing for when the mob bullies them off the shelves), ....anyway, included in the 400 cds was a studio album or 2 of Gilbert O´s, but haven´t listened yet. 

• Like 3

I once saw an interview with him in which he basically said "I was never sure what the big fuss was/is over Alone Again." He didn't say he didn't like it, but he definitely seems to think it's just average. Hmmm. It's one of my favorites of all time.

• Like 1

LC   

Yes, I always loved "Alone Again, Naturally." It's almost more depressing than "All By Myself." In fact, maybe even more depressing than "All By Myself"! They need to be back-to-back on a playlist for those moments when things can't seem to get worse! Maybe with "Nowhere to Hide." 

LC   

I'd be more tempted to see Gilbert O'Sullivan than Dolenz-Rundgren-Cross-Molland. 

LC   

Here's a 2019 performance of "Alone Again": 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kirk   
2 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

Hanging with Gilbert O’Sullivan...

0C8E1A57-38F0-43DB-ABA2-DD8898825C83.jpeg

Oh good, he's not alone- naturally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw Kyle Vincent there and Tunes and myself chatted a good half hour with him...Now, if I could only get Tunes to send me the pictures, I will post them here...

Surprised you weren’t there, Bernie...I asked KV if he had spotted you...

Also, in the crowd, besides the aforementioned Gilbert Gottfried, Mark Hudson (who I did not see) and Joan Osborne...

Ran across boardmember John P.

As for the concert, very well done, with strong vocals...Just electric piano and guitar player...Rhythmically, many of the songs that I wasn’t familiar with,  had an Irish/Scottish folk singer flare to them...

Did two sets, and Matthew , he did perform What’s In A Kiss, but not Happiness Is Me And You....Banged out the required setlist of Alone Again, Clair, Get Down, Ooh Baby, Do Wacka Do Wacka Day, Nothing Rhymed and Out Of The Question...

City Winery is a great place to see a show, but they are closing to relocate early in 2020...

• Like 2