Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Wings across America

Kirk   

Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake...just saw a 1980 concert of Paul McCartney and Wings.  2 hours of vintage Paul.  I know Paul hasn't been his best for a few years now, but, those of you who have seen him in concert before- what is your opinion of 1980's era Paul? 

Kirk   
12 hours ago, susie b said:

I have a confession to make (not a James-like confession)...I have never understood the meaning of a "." as a reply.  If one is good, is two better?

• Like 1

susie b   

For me, a "." is a comment that I thought better of posting, but the message board won't let go, so one must post a character.

As previously discussed, not a fan of post Band On the Run work, so rather than saying something unkind, I said ".".

LC   

I want to write a reply here but haven't had time. But I will. I'm trying to figure out if this refers to Wings Over America, which was the 1976 tour and resulted in the album of the same name (and which made "Maybe I'm Amazed" a huge chart hit). Within the past decade, a video from that tour came out. 

Or... is it something different, from the early 1980s? 

I love all of Paul's different eras over the decades (unlike sweet Susie!), though there are some eras I like better than others. If there was an early-1980s tour, it wouldn't have been Wings, because I think Paul went back to being a solo artist effective with the 1980 album McCartney II. But maybe there was a late-1970s tour you saw that had "Back to the Egg" as the inspiration? Anyway, I'm check around. 

Kirk   

It was on AXS tv, and I thought the info guide had it as being 1980.  But I think it's the '76 tour that LC is talking about.  Was he better with Wings, or solo?

Better with Wings, in my opinion. But very good solo too. Love Wings Over America. I own a few of his concerts on DVD, and I saw him in 2012. It was a great show.