Sign in to follow this  
LC

I’ve been waiting...

LC   

... all my life. 

I just listened to that song again and decided it’s the perfect ballad. That hopeless melody, the resignation in the lyrics, the pained vocal, the weeping strings—it’s a masterpiece in melancholy. I love it!

When you think about it, “Waiting” is the true forerunner to “All by Myself.” Eric nailed heartbreak here, and then perfected it for an international audience on “All by Myself.” Listen to them back to back and you just might need an antidepressant. 

Take 2 and a half minutes to shut out the world and give it another spin, er, click.

I can’t believe I can still connect with it at this age. Made sense when I was 16 (I didn’t discover it until it had been out four or five years), but I thought those days were gone! Beyond that, though, it’s just a beautiful piece of music.

• Like 4

LC   

Was he just 12? I think I remember reading something like that. Unreal... when you're 12, there ain't a lot of experience to draw on! 

• Like 1

First song he ever wrote, according to Eric. Kinda like the Beatles reprising "One After 909" (quite possibly Lennon and McCartney's first song written together) for "Let It Be."

Bernie

• Like 1