Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Demo pick 'em

Kirk   

What is your favorite (unreleased) demo?  On the flip side, what is your least favorite demo?

My fave is "Wild Wild Heart".

My least favorite is "So Little Time".

What's yours?

I love love love Cindy In The Wind but I'm STILL not going to pick it as my favorite. I pick "Temporary Hero".

My least favorite "All Things Must End"

• Like 1

Favorite would have to be Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea with Cindy a very close second.

Concur with Kirk on the least favorite.

I kind of like that dark tone of All Things Must End.

I'd love to hear a fully produced version of Temporary Hero with guitars, bass, and drums and the tempo kicked up a few notches.

• Like 1

LC   

I'm with Dave, though I'd put Cindy in the Wind a hair ahead of Devil. Not sure which goes as my least... I'll have to re-listen. 

Kirk   

"Love At Last" is a close second for me.  On the other end, "Straight Time" doesn't do much for me.

LC   

Kirk (or Bernie), is there anywhere on the site where we can look at a complete list of all known Eric demos? 

Kirk   

I don't think so LC, but it would be interesting to see.  Are you talking about all demos that exist, or just the demos we've heard?

• Like 1

Kirk   

Larry, I do have an 8 page print out from BMI that lists every song Eric had written up until about 2000- including demos.  It would take about an hour to find all the demos on that list and probably another 2 hours to type it out, but they're in there.

• Like 1

Kirk   

Lew, I think the problem most of us have is that we've acquired these demos piece meal trading with others over the years- I probably have 10 different tapes of Eric demos- a lot of them overlap and duplicate themselves, and quality varies from one demo to the next. 

• Like 1

Kirk   

Larry- I just did a speedy reading and even speedier typing of Eric's demos- if Eric didn't release it- even if somebody else did, I'm still calling it a demo.  Most (if not all) of the foreign titles are just American songs renamed in that country's language.  Since I didn't translate the titles, I just listed them all; I'm pretty sure they are all songs Eric has released on his albums. 

5c400a100cde1_Ericdemos.jpg.0b448f54de756ebd20b6bc84c3dc1d46.jpg

• Like 1

I am aware of some of these, but there are a LOT of holes in my collection.

.Anyplace, (i.e. here, YouTube, etc.) that these songs can be found...?

• Like 1

Kirk   
2 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

And what’s the story with the foreign titles?...

I asked Eric about this- when the songs are released in foreign languages they register them with the native tongue titles.

• Like 2

Kirk   
2 hours ago, Lew Bundles said:

I am aware of some of these, but there are a LOT of holes in my collection.

.Anyplace, (i.e. here, YouTube, etc.) that these songs can be found...?

Before the days of the internet, some of us spent a lot of time and money trading with other fans and sometimes vendors.  It is easier  now with electronic media, but you're still going to have to dig to get results.  Bernie has posted many a demo at Christmas time over the years and they are usually the BEST quality!

• Like 3

LC   

How come that didn't show up like most links? 

It really lends itself to a gospel feel, doesn't it?

• Like 1