Sign in to follow this  
LC

Great Moments in EC.com History #19–Your prized ‘berries possessions

LC   

MJ started this intriguing thread way back in 2007 and got some great responses citing our prized Raspberries possessions. Let’s take a few minutes to update our picks—or talk about what we’ve added over the past decade!

Bernie—especially interested in hearing from you....

NOTE: This is sort of a slow-developing thread. A few worthy posts on the first two pages get interrupted a lot by tomfoolery (I won’t mention names but you’ll see it’s mostly Lew and Marv). By the bottom of page 2, though, it starts cookin’.

All of which brings up the point, Bernie, that if you keep decide not to nuke the community, you’ll get more PR for the next garage sale! 😄

Kirk   

That was fun to revisit...I still have the HOF postcard with all 6 Raspberries signatures, still have the '2,000,000 hits' Eric autographed Strat, and, as with Marvin, a complete Raspberries Fan Club kit still intact after all these years, and just too many other things to list.

LC   

One of my prizes is a set list that Marlene sent me from a Raspberries reunion. :-) Thank you, Marlene. And, I do keep my signed 'berries Sunset Strip CD in a place of honor—it's got not only four autographs I got in person, but they're all on that nice-looking CD cover, which was designed by Bernie himself. 

• Like 1

Kirk   

I'll thrown in my "Lips" telephone that Geffen did to promote Eric's single...

• Like 1

By the way, that was a pretty incredible box set I put together for the Platinum Edition of "Raspberries: Tonight!" The trading cards, a stage-used guitar string, guitar picks, a reproduction of the scratch 'n' sniff sticker, an autographed photo...C'mon! That was pretty cool!

Bernie

• Like 3

Kirk   
12 hours ago, Raspbernie said:

By the way, that was a pretty incredible box set I put together for the Platinum Edition of "Raspberries: Tonight!" The trading cards, a stage-used guitar string, guitar picks, a reproduction of the scratch 'n' sniff sticker, an autographed photo...C'mon! That was pretty cool!

Yep, that was a real bonus-laden package...who would have expected any less from the B-man!

Kirk   

Speaking of Bernie productions, the EricCarmenUnderCover limited edition set is one I'll always cherish.  I think it numbered less than 10...

LC   

Without question. In fact, it goes without saying that the box set you masterminded is chief among my prized possessions. Love it. 

LC   
2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Speaking of Bernie productions, the EricCarmenUnderCover limited edition set is one I'll always cherish.  I think it numbered less than 10...

Teaser! 

LC   

Hmmm....I'll admit to this. I have WAAAAAY too much, that's for sure!

Hmmm. How about a return to the past with... a mini-garage sale? 

susie b   
47 minutes ago, LC said:

Hmmm. How about a return to the past with... a mini-garage sale? 

I'm still pushing for The Men of EC.com calendar as a fundraiser.

:)

• Haha 1

Kirk   
1 hour ago, LC said:

Teaser! 

It was a 6 cd set of 125 Eric Carmen cover songs, with an entire disc dedicated to versions of All By Myself.  One of the best things the "creative one" has come up with!

ericcarmenundercover.jpg

On 1/23/2019 at 6:28 PM, Raspbernie said:

Bernie

Mine became ultra deluxe... The couple of years after I received it I got Eric to sign the the card that came with his guitar string, I got the entire band to sign the cover in Silver Sharpie, I got all of the Overdubs and Crew members to sign it on the inside, and of course I got Bernie & Ken to sign it as well! :)

• Like 1

Kirk   
1 hour ago, Tim From Wisconsin said:

Mine became ultra deluxe... The couple of years after I received it I got Eric to sign the the card that came with his guitar string, I got the entire band to sign the cover in Silver Sharpie, I got all of the Overdubs and Crew members to sign it on the inside, and of course I got Bernie & Ken to sign it as well! :)

And here I thought you were going to brag about your 8-track collection...

• Like 1

LC   

Garage sale! Garage sale! Garage sale! Bernie, I hope you get in a "pruning" mood soon. A garage sale could perk up our board.... I can probably find a few things to add to the party. 

LC   

On eBay last month, somebody spent $100 for your Marathon Man book, Bernie. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Raspberries-Eric-Carmen-MARATHON-MAN-2004-1st-Edition-Book-Mint-Rare/113714433276?epid=122290010&hash=item1a79e88cfc:g:siYAAOSwS4tcrgy1

And we seen it sell for even higher prices in the recent past.

I got a kick out of the seller's note: "This book was never read..." Makes an author feel good, huh? Well, he/she likely bought two copies, one to read and one as an investment.

On the other hand, last year, I saw on eBay that somebody was selling a baseball book I wrote in the late 1990s; it had been autographed by both me and the photographer whose work was featured. I even personalized it "To Ed...." Apparently, Ed no longer wanted his collector's item book of Mickey Mantle photography. So, I bought it myself! And I gave it to a close friend of mine whose name is Ed. Worked out nicely! 

GirlFan   

I love all my old and new stuff and in the future I hope to add a lot more to my collection-Tammy Quick