James

Pop Art Live

James   

There wasn't much activity here when that live album was released, so not a ton of discussion.

I thought the album was so good I put it as the best cd of music that I own.

You can' t find a better collection of songs, mixed with a great live performance and strong production............all this make this a fantabulous album. I bought several copies and passed them out as gifts to various music lover friends.

Great job to Eric and all involved in putting this together, and getting it out there as a perfect Raspberries capstone.

James

• Like 6

Kirk   

James, I think you'd be surprised to find out that Eric had less input on this release than Live On Sunset Strip.  Tommy Allen did most of the heavy lifting and Jim had his hand in the drum mix.

• Like 1

You know we have had the forever ongoing argument of "Ecstacy" or "Tonight" and now we get "Pop Art Live" versus "LOSS".....I love them both! I think Tommy did any amazing job mixing the new one, especially making the backing vocals and drums sound full, but I also felt the one done by Eric and Mark Linnett was terrific, too. I don't keep many CD's in my car, but both of these are regular plays in my vehicle.

• Like 2

James   

Thanks for the input Kirk and Pat. Tommy Allen has always been a class act here in this forum. If I were in the music biz, I'd want him on my team.

• Like 3