LC

Great Moments in EC.com History #13—Susie B's fantasy music thread

LC   

Well, this was a brilliant thread idea from the estimable Ms. Susie B: Fantasy Recording Sessions. Susie might have been inspired by the buzz surrounding the fantasy sports teams that many of us grown-up babies, er, enthusiasts still play.

Susie's thread didn't get its due—way too few responses—and I think it was mainly because the EC.com exodus that frustrated Bernie was already starting. However... what a great idea. I think I got more of a kick out of it than anyone; I hope those who are stopping by will check out the original thread and then drop in some ideas for their own fantasy recording session.  

• Like 4

James   

I'd like to see The Raspberries play "No hard feelings"....with Stevie Nicks on lead vocals, belting the song out, especially the "Lemme Out" climax, in the vein of how she'd belt out "Rhiannon" live back in the 70s. Wow. Eric could get on keyboards which would add to the already great song, with Stevie cranking the vocals, AND maybe coolest of all, The Big W wailing it on guitar. Wow. 

• Like 3

Several years ago, I actually came up with the rules of a Fantasy Record Co. type game that myself and some other music loving friends were going to try. It never happened because of lack of time. It was going to be a face to face meeting where random songs would be played, and the players would bid on these songs from their bank of money. Without know who won the bids, these songs would then go onto competing against each other and winning money back to the winning bidder. I can't remember all the rules but they were more complex then I just described.

• Like 2