Sign in to follow this  
LC

Great Moments in EC.com History #12 — An Aggies survey

LC   

Going way back to the board's earliest hours, our wonderful friend Jennifer, a.k.a. Aggies JC, caught on quickly with an interesting thread in March 2002. At the time, Bernie's bulletin board was just a baby. The Aggies thread "What EC fans listen to?" was one of the first to bust out (at least, as far as I can tell—I didn't join until 2005). Anyway, the 14 pages here amounts to a smorgasbord of recommendations from like-minded fans, starting with Jenn's nod to Fleetwood Mac (I'm right there with you!). Who needs those Spotify's "If you like this, you'll also like..." when we can re-read this thread?

There are certain acts that show up throughout the thread, not surprisingly: Beatles, Elton, Billy Joel, the Beach Boys, Badfinger, ELO.... And Boz Scaggs (I dig Boz!). Kyle Vincent gets plenty of plugs, and we also see 10cc, Alan Parsons Project, Hudson Brothers, and Eagles, Jackson Browne, and J.D. Souther. And, we find out there are a lot of mellow-mood folks here—I see more Barry Manilow mentions than I would have expected, along with Neil Diamond, Streisand, and Jane Oliver. On the other hand, KISS comes up a lot (from Bernie, John Shaft, and many others) as do Queen, Journey, the Babys/John Waite. Also, Sweet (or is it The Sweet?) gets a little attention.... And who knew Cartmill thinks Kenny  Loggins has one of the best pop voices ever? 

PS: I got a kick out of two editors, Jenn and Ellece, bringing up poor grammar in pop lyrics (page 8). I know what you mean...

• Like 1

Kirk   

LC, another great thread- interesting to read about everyone's taste in music once again!  What a smorgasboard!!

• Like 1

LC   

I think so but am not sure. Bernie would know. But, are you reading the bulletin board these days, Bernie? I don't want Lew to subpoena you... especially after what he did to Wendy! 

• Like 1

I wish there would have been extension of this thread at the time with every board member listing their favorite 1 or 2 songs related to the artists that they posted here. I'd love to make some compilation discs of them.

• Like 2

I have started constructing a list of the artists mentioned in this thread. My plan is to explore the artists and make several compilation discs. Anyone that listed your favorite artists in the original thread, could you tell me a few of your favorites by them. That will give me a place to start.