Sign in to follow this  
Dave from Equinox

My CD of Instrumental Music, Before the Flood

Here's a link to a YouTube page where you can hear the tunes on the CD. It's available in the same ways as Kirk's - cdBaby, iTunes, and streaming services like Spotify (I have a fan in the Philippines - cool).

I guess you could say most of it is what some call "new age" music. Three of the tunes are sequenced and the rest were recorded one part at a time on a multitrack tape recorder. It's all keyboards and two of the tracks also have tenor saxophone. Favorite tune on the CD is Dancing in the Candlelight. The list currently leads off with The Hills of Armagh - I took an old Celtic melody called I Leave You in Sadness and harmonized it in a number of ways.

There's a little thing in the top left corner that gives a drop-down allowing you to pick different tunes.

Now you know why I have used that "Phineas and Ferb" thing - my middle name is the same as the cartoon platypus. I think it's kind of pretentious to use my full name, but before I released the CD I checked iTunes for any other people with the same first and last name because they're both common. It turns out that there's already an R&B organ guy, Dave from the Pacific northwest and a guitar guy David working in a similar genre as I am. I couldn't even use Dr. David Lewis (I have a doctorate in music education) because there is a singing dentist by the same name who has a CD with kids' songs about various aspects of a trip to the dentist.

And I was in a band called Equinox from the late 70s to mid 80s.

LC   

Congrats, Dave! I like the mood of Dancing in the Candlelight—a little romantic, a little haunting. I'll check out some other tracks.

I didn't know you were doing this sort of thing. Way to go!

—LC

• Like 1

Dave, cool stuff...I do djay work on the side and am ALWAYS looking for good instrumental stufff...I am gonna pick this up...It seems to fit a niche that I can utilize for certain events...awards events, ambiance at cocktail hours, reunions,etc...