Sign in to follow this  
Matthew C. Clark

Raspberries "Best" (1976)

I bought The Raspberries "Best" album back in September of 1986 at Camelot Music in Saginaw, Michigan when I was 21 years old. There was a shrink wrap instead of the liner notes as well as the "dark green" Capitol label.  There also wasn't an "RIAA" in the label when it was reissued.  I only heard of "Go All The Way" when I was 7 years old in September of 1972 (as I mentioned in the very first post that I wrote back in late 1999) as well as the song "Let's Pretend" when I was 8 years old in the Summer of 1973 on AM radio back then. I haven't heard the rest of the songs until I bought the album in September of 1986 as I mentioned.  I have sold the album last year because I got Raspberries CD's "Capitol Collectors Series" (1991), "Greatest" (2005) as well as the Japan reissues with the bonus tracks from 2016!!  The song "I'm A Rocker" (from 1973) is a song that I haven't heard until I got "Side 3" at a used record store in Bay City, Michigan back in the Summer of 1988. I also bought the remaining 3 albums also in 1988.  Still waiting if Alice Cooper is going to play "I'm A Rocker" (from the vaults) during his "Nights With Alice Cooper" show!!!   Alice did play "I Wanna Be With You" a few times though.     Matt      

• Like 1