Sign in to follow this  
Matthew C. Clark

Raspberries "Refreshed"

I finally bought the 2000 CD "Refreshed" which runs only 17:09 in CD total length in 6 songs!! There is NO Eric Carmen or drummer Jim Bonfanti. Jesse Benenati takes over Jim Bonfanti on drums. The first song "Would You Say Yes Again?" by lead singer Scott McCarl is a winner which sounds like The Beatles. I thought that in the lyric that Scott said "If I say what I said back then" instead of "If I say what I said my friend".  The next song "When Is Your Dream?" by lead singer Wally Bryson & not bad of a song.  The next song "Pop Teasers" sung by Dave Smalley & Scott McCarl is about Eric Carmen (Eric would reunite The Raspberries the day after Thanksgiving in 2004) & why did Eric did NOT join on their comeback CD!!!  The next song "Someone Like You" by lead singer Dave Smalley & this is the original version which is 1 minute shorter than the 2003 "Internal Monologue" solo CD. In the lyrics sheet, it said "When someone will STEEL your heart" instead of "When someone will STEAL your heart".  The next song is "Love In My Eyes" by lead singer Scott McCarl. In the lyrics sheet, it said "Said YOU were the one, and now I find" instead Scott sings "Said I were the one, and now I find". The final song "Rock 'n Roll Kids" by lead singer Wally Bryson is only 1:51 in length & pays tribute to the late Chuck Berry!!  My lyric I would have said "The Red Headed Kids" (LAUGHS) but that's a different story had I wrote that song!!!   Thanks to John Borack (Goldmine Magazine) for the liner notes on the CD!!   Special thanks to Scott, Dave & Wally for signing the CD too!!       Matt    

Matt,

Too bad. Because it was independently released, there probably isn't a label supporting the release digitally.

Bernie