Sign in to follow this  
Matthew C. Clark

Scott McCarl "Play On" (1997)

I finally listened to Scott McCarl's "Play On" (from 1997) which I thought it came out in 2000 with the bonus material & it is a great CD on Thunderbird!!  Also Al Chan (of The Rubinoos), Billy Sullivan & Gary Grimes (of the movies "Summer Of '42" (1971) as well as "Class Of '44" (1973) & the Disney 1976 movie "Gus")?? REALLY is Gary the backing vocalist or a different Gary Grimes??  The songs "Go Down Swingin", "I'll Be On My Way" & "Run For The Sun" are excellent pop tunes!!  The song "Fallin' In Lovin"" almost sounds like The Byrds meets The Raspberries "Should I Wait" at the end of that song which runs 3:01 instead of 3:06. The song "In Love Without A Girl" runs 3:11 instead of 2:50 playing time. The song "Surrender" does sound like Badfinger a little bit.  Also like The Beatles remake of "Yes It Is" & the remake of The Raspberries "Nobody Knows". The song "Same Ol' Heartache" (with co writer Kyle Vincent) runs 3:06 NOT 3:14 playing time. The bonus material including "Thanks For The Ride" (1976) almost sounds like Green Day 2000 song "Time Of Your Life (Good Riddance)". The song "Don't Make Me Sad" (1972) is in true mono sound. The remake of The Monkees 1966 song "I Wanna Be Free" (1970 with Yellow Hair) has the changed lyrics. Finally, the song "Somewhere (beneath the sea and the sand)" (1969 with Yellow Hair) is also in mono sound to close the CD which runs 49:55 in CD length!!   Thank you, Raspbernie for a great CD!!!  

• Like 1

Kirk   

That's one great cd- I think it's been in regular rotation for a lot of Raspberries fans for a couple of decades now.