Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Metal hair band cover GATW

Kirk   

Yeah, they covered the chord changes pretty well- sometimes the metal bands try to turn any song into a '3-chord' wonder LOL!

susie b   

Being a HUGE Ramones fan, I usually like "fast" songs, but IMHO, I feel that these fellas have sacrificed the beautiful subtleties that make GATW such a spectacular song.

And that's where EC excels... those subtle little nuances that you fail to notice until they are missing .

Still, I would have loved to hear a version of GATW by the classic Ramones line up of Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee & Tommy... sigh

:heartpump:

Kirk   

Susie, I think it was Christmas '79 when Santa put a copy of Rock and Roll High School in my wife's stocking.  I think the neighbors probably thought we were crazy blasting that out of the stereo on Christmas morning that year!

• Like 1

susie b   
22 hours ago, Kirk said:

Susie, I think it was Christmas '79 when Santa put a copy of Rock and Roll High School in my wife's stocking.  I think the neighbors probably thought we were crazy blasting that out of the stereo on Christmas morning that year!

Such a great album!

• Where else could you find a line up of the Ramones:heartpump:, Nick Lowe :heartpump:, Alice Cooper, Chuck Berry, Brownsville Station, Brian Eno, the Paley Brothers, Todd Rundgren & Eddie and the Red Hots?  :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... and Devo... well, I like everybody else, just not the Boys Who Wear Flower Pot Hats. :blink:

• Like 1