Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Record Sleeve

Kirk   

Can somebody with better eyes or computer skills tell if this is a real record sleeve?  Eric Records?  Eric Oldies?  British demo pressing of Overnight Sensation...

s-l1600.jpg

eric_records.jpg

Kirk, I did a little Google search and came up with this: ERIC RECORDS is a real company. The Raspberries Capitol Records 45 just happens to be in the wrong (but oddly connected to Eric Carmen) sleeve. Here's a matching 45 and sleeve.

ERIC Records is an oldies reissue label from San Leandro, CA (USA). Previously located in Philadephia and New Jersey.
www.ericrecords.com

Bernie

• Thanks 1

Kirk   

Ha!  Good detective work, Bernie.  I thought somebody was having a little fun with an EPIC label record sleeve!  I wonder if the seller has any idea about the connection...

AnneNR   

That first one looks more like it was photo shopped ........ the center part looks like it has been super-imposed over the sleeve material.  There's a faint white outline around that center part making it look like it was added over the top of what the sleeve was made of.  The second picture looks real, no odd edges to detect.

AnneNR

Kirk   

Yeah, I thought it had an odd look as well- for more than one reason- interesting that it is a real record label, though...