Raspbernie

20 Years of Eric Carmen.com - Day 11

Je l'aime les lyrics et le chanteur. I love the song and the singer. It should be published along with many others.

Nobody is perfect, but the self-judgement by 'you know who should stop'. We need more music like this in our world.

Kirk   

Eric thought it was too long to be a single...tried to shorten it a little bit...still not quite there.  One thing that struck me when Eric was asked about songs like "Devil", "Love at Last", "Wild Wild Heart", etc, ever being released- he said something to the effect that if they weren't considered good enough during their day, they probably wouldn't have been included on an album.

elle4ec   
18 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Eric thought it was too long to be a single...tried to shorten it a little bit...still not quite there.  One thing that struck me when Eric was asked about songs like "Devil", "Love at Last", "Wild Wild Heart", etc, ever being released- he said something to the effect that if they weren't considered good enough during their day, they probably wouldn't have been included on an album.

I’ve always loved “Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea”, from the first time I heard it. It’s hard to believe that the song wouldn’t have been considered good enough in it’s day (even if it’s length might have needed to have been adjusted a little). I’d buy it today in a store or on ITUNES in a minute!!❤️

• Like 1

James   

Agree, many of those unreleased songs are not only album worthy, but are high echelon songs that would likely be the best cut on most
artists´ albums.

If Eric writes a few more new songs, he could put out a pretty great album with these new ones together with those old quality songs that never got onto a disc. I´d include the New Year song from 2013 on this album too.

James

• Like 2

If the same magic that was performed on Never Say Die and Boardwalk Baby was done on some of these other great demos, and released on a CD, it would be dynamite. This song and Temporary Hero are at the top of my want list.

• Like 1

Kirk   

I agree, for an album cut.  When the program director is looking for a 3 minute cut, well, something's gotta give!

• Like 1