Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aventurine

Happy 45th Anniversary "Go All The Way"

8 posts in this topic

The guests were Joe Namath, NFL football player and tennis champion Billy Jean King, and I missed it because I was in an eighth grade classroom!<_<

I had to listen to the song on my tiny radio outside my parents' house. My parents would not have liked that song.

2 people like this

Thanks for the post, Naeko!

GATW remains one of the greatest singles of all time. Eric has said in his live intro to "Overnight Sensation" about how he would have his transistor radio in bed with him in his youth, waiting for his favorite bands to come on. Nine or so years later, that was me with the transistor radio - waiting for GATW or IWBWY to come on, over either WDAD out of Indiana, PA or WCRO out of Johnstown.

3 people like this

A lot of us were lying in our bed with the transistor radio 'way back when... until the teacher found out and called Mom and Dad. :(

For our musical needs, it was CHUM AM, CKOC AM and CHML AM even WBEN in Buffalo.

2 people like this

Actually I didn't know the meaning "Go All The Way" at that time.
I thought the meaning was  "Climb every mountain" or something....
Very healthy, clean and innocent image!!!

Coz the title "I Wanna Be With You" was translated beautifully in Japanese.......
 "Learn to live for tomorrowor something  :D:D

Can you believe???
I was misunderstood for many years as clean & innocent band just like The Carpenters!!!! ;):lol: Lol

6 people like this

By now, Aventurine,  a part of the song,  "Go All The Way' can be heard on the new ride at The California Adventure Theme Park. It is next to Disneyland.

And The Carpenters do have a song called, 'Make Believe It's Your First Tine ( And II'll make believe it's mine).  And another song called, Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night'. The video also has some famous characters in it,  later in the song. A treat for any fan.

1 person likes this