Sign in to follow this  
AnneNR

PAUL McCARTNEY....A PIRATE!!!

AnneNR   

Heads up, everyone!   Mr. Paul McCartney is going to have a scene in the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean movie, "Dead Men Tell No Tales", dressed in full pirate regalia!  Just saw a picture online that my hubby found. They evidently kept it a tightly guarded secret. This will be the only time Mr. McCartney has NOT played himself in a movie.

THIS should be something to watch! I enjoyed it very much that they have had Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad in the last 2 movies in the franchise. Hubby and I are planning to go when the next movie opens at the end of May, so this makes it that much more fun to anticipate ---- wouldn't it be nice if both Mr. McCartney and Mr. Richards were in the scene together???

We'll have to wait and see!!

paul-mccartney-pirates-5-photo.jpg

AnneNR   :lol:

• Like 1

Too Bad George Harrison isn't around to join him! I laughed my head off when he showed up on Monty Python as Pirate Bob, starting with the song "My Sweet Lord" and launching into "I Like to Be a Pirate". I'd love to see them together as pirates.

I can cut and paste Harrison's video and save it, but there's no way to blend it into the movie. Darn!

• Like 2

Hopefully it's in my town, since I dig Jack Sparrow's sense of humor. Good writing. I really must look into the real life Johnny Depp, for personality traits, acting range, etc. Ringo is a natural for humor.

The only reason I'm using 'Merican spelling for some words is because I had to switch to US mode on my laptop. Otherwise, odd characters come up with accents and constant red lines. If it were run by voice, some of my relatives would be in trouble. My generation here sound like mid-western Americans, but not our parents.

Better check out the theater listings in town.

MikeC   

Johnny Depp showed up on The Pirates Of The Carribean ride at Disneyland.  Dressed as a pirate for the movie.

Any part in that big movie is a great part.

Hello, to Paul. I saw his wife. I turned away,  for respect. At first not knowing.  I saw Paul's website editor,  later.  

I just read through Johnny Depp's biography. Anybody else believe he's not acting, but playing his childhood self? I do.

Gotta check the local listings.

Sir Paul could have been Depp's father had he been through  Owensboro, Kentucky, in 1962.

Sir Paul as Uncle Jack, and some nitwit out there wants to hold the movie for ransom. Ha! Anyone who knows the technology or has a friend in the business please get to work. Please, please, please.

It's playing in my city in a few of the theaters. but we're being flooded out in several areas with rain, rain and more... RAIN.

Where Sir Paul's character "Uncle Jack" fits in I don't know, but the plotline appears good. I managed to grab a synopsis from the local newspaper:

Synopsis

The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar, escape from the Devil's Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea - notably Jack. Jack's only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth, a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry, a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifully small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has ever faced.

AnneNR   

Hubby and I saw the movie the day after it opened . . . and they gave Mr. McCartney more than just a passing line, he held a conversation  with Jack Sparrow in the jail facility.  They were taking Jack through the prison when he sees his Uncle Jack in a cell playing cards with another cellmate.  It was FUNNY!  :P

I would never have thought it was Paul McCartney had I not first seen a picture of him in costume---they did a really good job dressing him up as a pirate!   I am sure he enjoyed doing it very much, and I am glad they wrote him into the movie.  When it comes out on DVD, I will be adding it to the previous 4 installments we already have in my movie collection.  There are not very many movies out there that the whole family can enjoy, so this franchise is a very welcome offering amid a lot of crap in the movie industry, in my opinion.

AnneNR

• Like 1

My second ex and I saw the first three installments and were laughing our heads off.:lol:

I knew where this one was playing in my city, but if it wasn't raining enough to ask God to send us a Noah, it was extremely cold, more rain, then a horrific heatwave.

Swimming in Lake Ontario. We wrecked it! I won'y pay to go to the local recreation centers. I am heck bent on moving to a private apartment.

I agree, the screenwriters these days believe life revolves around sex, violence, drugs and... kids... think about it. We're told they'll grow out of everything they are doing to themselves, their friends and families. Yes, I have put my babies in the corner.

After the movie, I'll buy all four movies.

• Like 1

As an aside 

Hamilton author Gary Barwin wins Leacock Medal for Humour for Yiddish for Pirates

Stephen Leacock was a humorist from the days when you didn't need to swear to tell a laughable joke. He was our Mark Twain.

• Like 1