Sign in to follow this  
prettymom777

Chuck Berry Passes Away At 90

Despite John Lennon's oft-quoted quip — "If you tried to give rock-and-roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry' " - Berry was an unlikely idol for a burgeoning teen subculture that he sang about at the dawn of the rock era.

He was 30, married and the father of two when he made his first recording, "Maybellene" in 1955. The song — a story of a man in a Ford V8 chasing his unfaithful girlfriend in a Cadillac Coupe de Ville — charted No. 1 on Billboard's rhythm-and-blues chart and No. 5 on the pop music charts.

From The Hamilton Spectator.

No, we never thought the song "My Ding-a-Ling" was what a few folks believed it was. It was about a toy given to a little kid by his grandmother!

• Like 1

AnneNR   

The wild man of Rock N Roll will be missed!  My favorite Chuck Berry song is "C'est La Vie" (a.k.a. Teenage Wedding) that was used in Pulp Fiction ----

....and then there's the story of Mr. Berry punching Keith Richards in the nose ----

AnneNR

Aww... what did he do?

In other news, Chuck Barris of The Gong Show" has died.

As for Richard Simmons, he isn't dead. He's doing the same thing as Greta Garbo did, and Gene Hackman. These people need time out of the limelight.

When you've had paparazzi and fans surrounding you, you need to have a private life. I just look at the pictures, smile, put on the music.

I promise, I'll stop nagging Mr. Carmen.