Billy K.

Foreign Language Versions of EC Songs?

16 posts in this topic

It's funny, but there was a time when a finite number of Eric Carmen cover songs were known to exist. Now with YouTube, the number is impossible to define. This Luis Miguel cover is perhaps the one of the more famous foreign-language covers. Along with Celine Dion's version in Spanish as well. Oh, and this kid's not bad...

:)

Bernie

2 people like this

Estonian version from 1986 ( I dont like it, but its one of the foreign language version - lyrics are very good):  

I couldn't find a Hungarian singer, only the Magyar (Hungarian) lyrics... maybe my doctor could help here for that. He's Hungarian!

Éhes szemek (Hungry Eyes)

Előadó: Eric Carmen (Eric Howard Carmen)

Featuring artist: Dirty Dancing

Album: Dirty Dancing (OST, 1987)

Dal: Hungry Eyes

Fordítások: Finn, Francia, Görög, Holland, Magyar, Német, Olasz, Portugál, Román, Spanyol, Szerb, Török

Magyar translation

Éhes szemek

Már akartam neked mondani

(Hogy) Van egy érzésem, ami nem fog elmúlni

Rád nézek és (azt) fantáziálom

Ma éjjel az enyém vagy

A tekintetemben most megvagy

Ezekkel az éhes szemekkel

Egy pillantás rád, és nem tudom elrejteni

Éhes szemeim vannak

Érzem a varázst közted és köztem

Tartani akarlak, szóval hallgass meg

Meg akarom mutatni neked, hogy a szerelem miről szól

Kedvesem ma éjjel

Éhes szemeim vannak

Most elvittelek meglepve

Szükségem van rád hogy lásd

Ez a szerelem el volt rendelve

Éhes szemeim vannak

Elvittelek meglepve

Szükségem van rád hogy lásd

Ez a szerelem mint jelent

Éhes szemeim vannak

In Chech.  Gee, I wonder if my Slovak brother-in-law would understand that, since the country was divided.

Sounds nothing at all like an EC song. It's "Lost in Love" and I don't trust the page I found this anyway. It's getting cold around here. Guess Eric sent a cold front here to get even!:( Thorry folks, the page and I goofed. I've been looking all over the place for translations in other languages for most of the singles, and they must be out there somewhere.

The girl´s version Bernie posted is the best cover I´ve heard, by far.  This is the first time I´ve heard it, so thanks Bernie for posting it.   She´s up in Eric´s version´s class,  her team´s version is that good, IMHO.  I hope Eric has heard it, he´d be pretty proud, I think.

P.S. "Sola otra vez"..another artist´s Spanish version of "All By Myself",  is playing on 88.5 FM as I type!

James

"I Wanna Hear It From your Lips", YOU go by the subtitles. I cannot keep up. No lo comprendo aqui! I don't understand here).

To answer the original question, I have tried my darndest to find the numbers (not musical numbers, wisenheimers) or digits and have no clue. Since I love researching things, and my elementary school nickname was 'dictionary' I came up with another Celine Dion one in Spanish. Isn't it possible others have been covered on foreign languages like Arabic, Lithuanian or Gaelic? If not why not? Celine does Eric again? Better pay him!

No, I didn't get the idea from James' post. James, you could have posted it. Make the woman do the work? I just finished shovelling snow!

Eric carmen is singing Hungry Eyes 'in Inglese', but I found one with Italiano lyrics, so this will just have to do, because I can't find Luciano Pavarotti doing this, but he could have. BTW, The girl folks were talking about in the other video of this is Sally Steele.