Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Change Of Heart Promo Poster

ec-change_poster.jpg

Here's something you don't see everyday—an Arista Records in-store poster promoting the release of Eric's Change of Heart album. What I like about this poster is that it features an alternate image from the photoshoot that produced the cover of the LP. Cool, eh? Change of Heart was released in September 1978.

Bernie

• Like 17

If they had used that shot, Eric could have started the title wave of artists who struck that pose on huge albums like Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Teddy Pendergrass, and Luther Vandross in the 80's. Once again, he is the original and doesn't get the credit!!!! sigh........

• Like 2

LC   

HI Bernie,

This was an in-store poster? I've seen one that was just the LP cover enlarged (I got two copies of it back when it was released — but they haven't survived the years very well...). But I'd never seen this. Where'd you find it? 

--LC

Having learned HMV was bought by Sunrise (nice thought) I can find it. As well, it's true, vinyl is coming back and I have the addresses for the vinyl record factory (owner loves his 33 1/3s) and Sunrise, so off to the store in search of the disc, since they sell new and "old". Hopefully somebody gave the album to them.

LC,

I have sooooooooo many things that I'm just getting around to scanning and digitizing that I am sure there will be many more treasures to reveal!

Bernie

• Like 1