Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matthew C. Clark

Solo Projects

12 posts in this topic

I do have much of the Eric Carmen collection completed except "Reason To Try" (1988) (from the Summer Olympics CD), "My Heart Stops" (1991) & "Caroline, No" (remake of The Beach Boys song) from 1997 "Winter Dreams" (Japan import) but I don't have any plans on getting those. All I need to complete the Raspberries collection is 5 more CD's. Raspberries "Refreshed" (2000) (6 song EP), Scott McCarl "Play On" (2001), The Bryson Group "Dry" (N/A), Boxer "By The Seat Of Our Pants" (2006) & finally Dave Smalley "Internal Monologue" (2005) but that is it.   Matt    

2 people like this

Matt,

You're gonna enjoy a lot of the songs on the solo CDs, especially Scott McCarl's "Play On," which was one of my favorite albums the year it came out!

Bernie

1 person likes this

Knowing we're not supposed to patronize a certain video site, I enjoyed "My Heart Stops" and "Reason to Try" just now.  I know where to buy the albums, and it's only a matter of time. I am saving for a private apartment right now. Is it paying by using WiFi? Not enough. Owe EC.

I didn't know that McCarl had a solo release. Dave's of course is great.....though different than what I normally listen to. Had one of the Fotomaker albums on cassette, but the tape stretched :(......... Haven't heard any of the Boxer tracks yet....... Got the Bryson group CD, but misplaced it.  Bought the Olympics album, specially do get the theme song, to use as an introduction when I was DJ-ing....getting EC as part of that was a bonus......

I can't say enough good things about Scott McCarl's CD. It's simply PHENOMENAL! A couple of choice teasers above.

Bernie

3 people like this

The song "In Love Without A Girl" near the end of the song, it reminds me of the guitar riff of Bachman - Turner Overdrive's "Roll On Down The Highway" (from 1974 "Not Fragile").  Matt  

I am going to wait on those 5 CD's because my brother Mike wants me to lay off on the CD's that I am buying.:angry::blush2: I might have to wait until September of this year to say the least!!   Matt   

I also forgot about Scott McCarl other group "Glider" (United Artists Records) (from either 1977 or 1978) & released their self - titled album but it is NOT on CD. The EBay website has only 1 album left & I am planning on picking it up from the manager at Records & Tapes Galore in Saginaw, Michigan.    Matt