Sign in to follow this  
raspathens

Promoting Raspberries

I stopped by Wuxtry Records the other day in Athens, GA. Wuxtry is an iconic used record store that employed members of REM and the B52s in the 80s. Famous place. Anyway, I went to the 70s section and found a "Fresh" album in the "R" section. They were asking $12.00 for it - a decent amount for an album in lousy condition. To further the cause, I'm going to stop by with my Raspberries albums that are collecting dust and GIVE them to Wuxtry to sell as long as they make a separate section for the group. At this point, maybe these small efforts are what's important. Music enthusiasts who visit Athens always end up at Wuxtry. Maybe the magic will hit a student, a middle age dude or someone else. 

• Like 3

I feel personally responsible for hurting the careers of Kim Carnes and Belinda Carlisle from all the times I have turning their 'Cards" backwards, so Eric's stood out since the 70's. Sorry gals!

• Like 2

Done - in spades! Owner very receptive, likes Raspberries and now a separate section dedicated to them with several LPs - one, a factory sealed Raspberries Best Featuring Eric Carmen. Next, I'm going to  take the  "joint in the woods" and Lennon t-shirt pictures to a professional who can retouch them for clarity, blow them up and then I'll try to get Wuxtry to put them in their window with other iconic acts. They will both be black and white and slightly crinkled. :)