Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Raspberries: 180 Gram Vinyl Record

56c44c9bbe430_RSPBRY-banner8.jpg.1e89ec7

Analog Spark—an audiophile imprint that is focused on the reissue of classic and acclaimed albums on 180-gram vinyl and SACD—has just released a "Limited Edition AAA Pressing" of Raspberries first LP. Mastered and cut from the original stereo tapes by Kevin Gray at Coherent Audio, this 180-gram LP is available now for the ridiculous low price of $20.00!

If you're a lover of vinyl (and who isn't?) check out this worthy addition to any collection!

Bernie

• Like 9

Kirk   

Just ordered one!  I hope the "Mastered and cut from the original stereo tapes by Kevin Gray at Coherent Audio" is for real, but hey, for $20 it's worth a shot!

• Like 2

stringer   

Looks cool! I have the original vinyl record my girlfriend bought and let me use back in 1972. It had the scratch and sniff thing on it, I remember the smell. I wonder if she misses it. I'm not sure how I ended up with it, but I'm glad I did. I think I still have every Raspberrie and Eric Carmen album that was released on vinyl. :)  

Best story ever: I am a reverse-engineered Raspberries fan.

I discovered Eric Carmen when his first solo LP came out. Around the same time, my brother—who was two years younger than me—bought the first Raspberries album at a flea market. When I heard this most amazing music coming out of his room one day, I stopped in and asked, "Who's that?" To which he replied, "It's the band Eric Carmen was in before he went solo, you dope!" Or something like that :)

Anyway, a few decades later, I introduced Eric to my brother backstage at the Raspberries reunion show at B.B. King's in New York City. My brother brought the VERY same album that he played in 1975 that first hooked me on the Raspberries to the show for Eric's autograph. I told Eric the story and he wondered what if my brother wasn't playing that album and I didn't get to hear it and fall in love with the band and later start a website that would gather fans from all around the world...would there have been a Raspberries reunion?

Eric grabbed his sharpie and inscribed my brother's album: "To Jim—if not for your impeccable taste in music! Eric Carmen."

True story!

Bernie

• Like 8

Bernie, your true story is absolutely great story. You are so lucky. 

The way your brother spoke to you "...you dope!" is so funny, time wont change the way brothers are speaking to each other :) . I have three sons, and two older boys communicate from time to time exactly the way your brother did with you. 

Thanke you for the story, like I´ve been there (backstage I mean, instead your brother :cool:)

• Like 1

LC   

Bernie, I was expecting a huge price, like, $60 or something. So I was pleasantly surprised that it's only $20. I'll order! 

However... no scratch'n'sniff sticker, it appears.

Best,

Larry

MikeC   

I don't think there would have been areunion, without this site. 

-All the support from fans, musicians.

In LA, Popdude, Tony Cartmill, myself 

MikeC   

All of the endearing ladies from this site. I think some authors were there, too.

Popdude went through the wrong entrance.

One of Wally's close friends made the trip, from Canada. He had Thanksgiving Dinner with The Bryson's, sharing all of their stories about the band and songs.