James

Best instrumental jams?..

Sue, Excellent choice 0f JG's Funk 49 - another great Ohio born group.  

Jimi Hendrix is one to beat, but I am going to chose The Doors "Light My Fire" and Ray for his jamming keyboard work.

• Like 2

Sousa   
9 hours ago, Mary Ellen said:

Sue, Excellent choice 0f JG's Funk 49 - another great Ohio born group.  

Jimi Hendrix is one to beat, but I am going to chose The Doors "Light My Fire" and Ray for his jamming keyboard work.

Mar, Oops, how did I miss this, I agree, BUT, I have one more Doors song that might edge it out, jam wise, and the clue is, it's ...stronger than dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7GKblttlMY&spfreload=10

• Like 1

Eric and Mike McB definitely should be at the top of everyone's list (as noted by James) in the beginning of this thread.  Can we say AWESOME about that guitar player/singer?! 

Another pick of mine would be Stevie Ray Vaugh's "The Sky Is Crying" which is so great!  I saw him play in April at Jazz Fest before he died.  

• Like 1

susie b   

Most people on this site know that I am a HUGE fan of James Burton.  He inspired and continues to inspire many to pick up the guitar.

“I never bought a Ricky Nelson record,” Keith Richards said. “I bought a James Burton record.”

“He was just a mysterious guy: ‘Who is this guy and why is he on all these records I like?'” says Joe Walsh. “His technique was allimportant.”

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/james-burton-alive-and-kickin/48414

Simple but effective...

James Burton, the Master of the Telecaster, provides a blistering guitar break...well blistering for 1964...on this Rick Nelson cover of the Chuck Berry classic.

Joe Osborne's bass is pretty cool, too...love those Wrecking Crew guys!!!!

Enjoy!