Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Treasures

Eric had a sore throat so didn't sing. The set list might have been a bit disappointing for people expecting to hear their hit songs, but gave Dave and Wally a chance to shine:

1. Get It Moving
2. It Seemed So Easy
3. Good Golly Miss Molly
4. Come Around And See Me
5. Rock & Roll Mama
6. Goin' Nowhere Tonight
7. With You In My Life
8. Every Way I Can
9. Roll Over Beethoven
10. Dancing In The Streets

Someone did have the good sense to turn on a cassette recorder they happened to have with them, which let's us hear something only handful of people have heard until now:

RASPBERRIES — DISNEYLAND INTRODUCTION

:D

Bernie

• Like 8

Kirk   

Raspberries closed with "Dancing In The Streets"- it might be missing from the recording and the set list, but, it was definitely played and the last song of the night!!

• Like 4

coketerrace_stageup1969bn.jpg

Kirk,

Did Raspberries play on this "groovy" Tomorrowland stage? According to the website this photo came from, the stage actually rose up from beneath the ground! What a sight that must have been!

Bernie

• Like 5

Kirk   

No photos, Bernie, just my memories.  About the stage, Raspberries were not on the Tomorrowland Stage that popped up- they were set up around the corner, still in Tomorrowland, but, not on this particular stage.  I don't remember what else was going on that Raspberries didn't use the Tomorrowland Stage.  If you are facing the Tomorrowland Stage, Raspberries were to the left.

• Like 2

Interesting. I can almost hear the conversation:

DISNEYLAND GUY: So you'll be setting up on our groovy pop-up stage right here.

ERIC: Uh. If it's okay with you, we'll just plug in over there to the left of the stage.

:lol:

Bernie

• Like 3

Kirk   

After I posted the memorabilia, I discovered that Reid (long time fan and member) was at one of the Raspberries Disneyland concerts, also.  Reid and I had the uncanny ability to be at the same Raspberries/Eric Carmen concerts without knowing it or knowing each other back then!  I don't know if we were there on the same night (Raspberries played for a week, twice a night), and, Reid said he was very sick that day and doesn't remember much of anything about the concert, BUT, he said he remembers waiting in front of the Tomorrowland Stage for Raspberries to come on, only to be told they were playing on a different stage and was pointed to another location where Raspberries were playing.  Nice to have confirmation from someone else who was there...

• Like 3