Sign in to follow this  
Billy K.

Windows 10

Billy K.   

Got the upgrade a few days ago, and it has made a world of difference. For some reason, 8.1---although it otherwise worked well overall---would give me problems with certain apps, which would frustrate me to no end. Things are good now.

• Like 5

AnneNR   

My hubby has been deliberately holding off on getting a new laptop because HE DID NOT WANT WINDOWS 8 --- ABSOLUTELY NOT.  Thanks for the input, perhaps he will upgrade with Windows 10 if there are enough good reviews like yours for it.  Thanks for sharing! ^_^

AnneNR

Personally, I found that Windows 10 is problematic for me for attaching Notepad files to my email. Why? OneNote comes with it, so even if people do not like long, cut and paste messages at least I manage to send fiction to my favorite haunts, and letters. Why must Windows make what was so easy so hard? No, I don't have learning disabilities, thank you. I still like my Aspire laptop, though.

We've had no end of problems with Windows 10. From not being able to burn music to CD's to not being able to find photo's because of the way it stores them. We've had to have our "computer man" out to fix things a number of times.

• Like 1

Luckily, My last two boys' father or a friend of his can help me find a way around some of these problems like OneNote and the dreaded "cloud" I never heard of our have use for. My blooming Acer tablet with Windows 10 came with no CD  ROM, so no burning or playing them.

My youngest had to buy me some gadget to fix that problem. It's great to have modern relatives who know how to do things themselves as our parents' generation did, as in "I'll fix your roof if you sew me some trousers for the boys." Bring back the barter/trade system, I say.

Best of luck, and I agree about the way it stores things. :o

Now It wants to update everyday! Why? 

I can't attach stories or private letters, and this is dumb, cutting and pasting all the time to my favorite other forums, (Sorry, EC I am cheating on you. I have a hobby). Nope, no screenplay for the story of Raspberries; see other thread, SVP.