ira

Human Quirks!

ira   

No heavy stuff...Let's have a little fun...

Today I heard a radio commercial from a local Mercedes dealer...

Seems if you buy or lease a Mercedes from THIS dealership you get THREE FREE MONTHS OF SIRIUS-XM.

I figure that's worth about $36...

I kinda think if you're thinkin' Mercedes...$36 ain't  the carrot that lures you in..

Yet..we like free stuff...

Kinda made me think about the subject of "Human Quirks"..

What are some human quirks that fascinate and amuse you..?.. :wacko: .

• Like 3

ira   

How a salesperson at Macy's or a clerk at The Dept. Of Motor Vehicles plays "gotcha" like some character in an SNL skit...except they're for real...ðŸ˜.

• Like 2

James   

Some elements of the culture down here are very very courteous. Like when getting on an elevator, everybody says "Good Morning"...:-)  ...at first it was a bit disconcerting for this gringo.  :-)

The quirk is 3 minutes after they say good morning to you on the elevator, and you are driving home, and your car meets theirs on the street, ......they will they will cut you off, honk like bloody murder and run you off the road ....and enjoy doing it. 

The dichotomy between the elevator and the streets is pretty funny.

• Like 3

ira   

Using a coupon to save a dollar on something you would not have bought in the first place is probably not really saving a dollar ...It actually is spending two dollars instead of three I reckon...Hey..I'm human...I got quirks..

• Like 5

James   

Coupons are the worst invention and the most manipulating thing ever done by man against his fellow man :-)

Instead of giving price reductions across the board, for everybody, the stores makes you go home, find a newspaper, cut out the coupons, carry them to the store, take extra time searching in the store for the couponed goods, then make those in line wait as you pull out your coupons and the clerk checks them over.....etc etc etc...

The same applies for discount cards, membership cards, that are handed out to anybody who wants one and must be used in order to get the best prices.........what is th purpose in making every customer carry one around, forcing him to fatten his wallet or whatever he keeps his card in, forcing him to pull it out every time he purchases something, forcing the clerk to waste time asking for it and then wasting more time scanning it, wasting more time handing it back to the customer.......for what ???......

This is a pet peave thread, no?????

:-)

• Like 4

susie b   

The membership discount cards & credit cards are just another way for Big Brother to track your purchasing behaviors...much like cookies on your computer.

Remember to clear those cookies and browser histories, folks...preserve your right to privacy, and use cash when possible!

• Like 4

ira   

Why do working people making $ 50,000 a year buy Derek Jeter and other Pro jerseys for $100..from athletes who don't give a shit about you and how you and how you are gonna pay YOUR bills.

• Like 4

Yes Susie, We all need to remember to remove those tracking cookies.

What about when you've searched items you may want to purchase, then you see your searched items posted somewhere in product ads? O-:

A human made that happen. (-:

How a salesperson at Macy's or a clerk at The Dept. Of Motor Vehicles plays "gotcha" like some character in an SNL skit...except they're for real....

True Dat my brother! I do a lot of online shopping because of those behaviors...

• Like 1

ira   

Woody Allen in his stand-up days had a "bit" about two Jewish ladies talking after one returned from a "stay" at a Catskill resort...(The kind immortalized in "Dirty Dancing"...)

Sylvia-"How was your stay at Liebowitz Manor" ?

Gertie- "Oy...It was terrible"!

Sylvia-"Why was it so terrible" ?

Gertie..."Oy'...The food was bad and the portions were too small".

(Human Quirks... :rolleyes: )

• Like 1