Sign in to follow this  
ira

Schmaltzy Songs You Like..

ira   

"Schmaltzy" is Yiddish for REALLY Really Sweet...and/or/sometimes tear-jerky..................

movies...songs...books...Overly romantic..( eg. Movie.."Love Story"...anything based on.........

a Nicholas Sparks book..songs like .."Feelings" or "Honey" or "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye")...

Often..far from "Critic-Proof"....and admitting you like one of these may cause chuckles...at best....derision

at worst... at cocktail parties...BUT hopefully no derision

at EC.Com..(though I suppose supressed chuckling IS acceptable :rolleyes: ) .

I was lucky enough to get to know Bobby Vee..a little...and this tune is sweet...(IMHO)..AND I love...that ...like the kind of "Teen" songs that "Grease" lampooned.......

It references a more innocent time..."goin' steady"...and the ultra-importance of the charms on a charm bracelet...So here's my entry...!!

• Like 3

susie b   

I think this also falls under the guilty pleasures category....

One of my my songs in this category is by fellow Vandy girl, Amy Grant!

• Like 1

susie b   

Not every song from our musical heroes can be a masterpiece, as you said in the Worst Beach Boy Song thread.

I will go one further and not name the Beach Boys song that-must-not-be-named....the one that starts with a K.

I have already said too much.   

I know that it is a guilty pleasure for some, and it sure ranks high on the Schmaltz-O-Meter.

Long live schmaltz!

:)

ter2   

I can't seem to get enough of schmalzy!  I liked Player and apparently they are still playing! They weren't too far from me in 2013!

• Like 1